Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

its oliver disregard

Newcastle seal deal for PSG striker

Jul 24 2011 by Alan Oliver, The People

Add a comment

Recommend

NEWCASTLE have thrashed out a £6.5million fee for striker Mevlut Erdinc with Paris St Germain.

The ball is now in the court of the Turkish star, 24, (right) but he will have to drop his £60,000-a-week wage demands to cement a move.

Sources in France told Hotline last night: “Newcastle and Paris St Germain have been involved in protracted negotiations for some time.

“Both clubs have finally agreed on a fee and now it is up to the player.”

PSG have already signed former Toon target Kevin Gameiro from Lorient and plan to bring in two more forwards this week.

Meanwhile, the Magpies have turned down offers from two Premier League clubs for Fraser Forster.

The keeper, 23, had a successful loan spell with Celtic last season, but Newcastle want him to stay and scrap with Tim Krul and Steve Harper for the No.1 jersey.One player Toon boss Alan Pardew is prepared to part with is Hungarian-born defender Tamas Kadar, 21, who is all set to join Dutch club HEERENVEEN on loan.

its oliver disregard

Newcastle seal deal for PSG striker

Jul 24 2011 by Alan Oliver, The People

Add a comment

Recommend

NEWCASTLE have thrashed out a £6.5million fee for striker Mevlut Erdinc with Paris St Germain.

The ball is now in the court of the Turkish star, 24, (right) but he will have to drop his £60,000-a-week wage demands to cement a move.

Sources in France told Hotline last night: “Newcastle and Paris St Germain have been involved in protracted negotiations for some time.

“Both clubs have finally agreed on a fee and now it is up to the player.”

PSG have already signed former Toon target Kevin Gameiro from Lorient and plan to bring in two more forwards this week.

Meanwhile, the Magpies have turned down offers from two Premier League clubs for Fraser Forster.

The keeper, 23, had a successful loan spell with Celtic last season, but Newcastle want him to stay and scrap with Tim Krul and Steve Harper for the No.1 jersey.One player Toon boss Alan Pardew is prepared to part with is Hungarian-born defender Tamas Kadar, 21, who is all set to join Dutch club HEERENVEEN on loan.

F***ing Alan Oliver.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Can't see I've seen anything of him at all, but for the supposed fee, we must see something in him. And we desperately need another striker.

Carr must have been watching him a while so he must have something

Can't see I've seen anything of him at all, but for the supposed fee, we must see something in him. And we desperately need another striker.

:thup: aye, hope he's decent although from what I've read I don't think he's the type of striker we should be going for.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

If it is true it is very good business by the toon, they have hung in there and got their man!

really dont wana see shola or loven on the pitch for us this season even watching them in pre-season is a chore and i normally don't care how crap players look in pre-season

Really hopeful of this. Be such a relief to get a new striking addition bedded in before the season starts. Whilst i know little of either of our new striker/s (assuming Erdinc signs)... a choice of Ba, Erdinc, Ben Arfa, Best, Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger is lightyears ahead of what we finished the season with.

Nice bargaining if true. Pennies saved can go towards N'Zog :)

Seriously though, I would expect there is an outside possibility of us going back for N'Zog if we do get Erding for that price, cant see us getting a better deal for any other strikers of his apparent skill level. Long would have been more and we know Gameiro and Gervinho would have also both been alot more.

Us signing Erdinc would end my hopes of us getting Zog altogether. I'd have thought it'd be one or the other; Zog or a striker. The poaching of Marveaux, too, suggests that there's no interest there whatsoever. Disappointing all the same.