Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Fansmeggingtastic news then. Guess it's the length of contract that swung it then and probably more minutes on the pitch.

Toon seal Marveaux coup

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6994869,00.html

Newcastle United have beaten Liverpool to the signing of French midfielder Sylvain Marveaux.

The 25-year-old had appeared on course to sign for the Anfield club on a Bosman free transfer.

But now Newcastle have nipped in to poach Marveaux and offer him a five-year deal, which he has accepted.

The left-sided midfielder has been on Tyneside to finalise the move, which will shock Liverpool, who had presumed they had his signature in the bag.

Newcastle looked at Marveaux earlier in the year, but it was presumed they had given up when Liverpool made their move.

Marveaux is now set to become Newcastle's third signing of the summer, and he is the third French-born player to join following on from Yohan Cabaye and Demba Ba.

Delight

"It's a great coup to have signed Sylvain, who has received interest from a number of other clubs," said Toon chief Alan Pardew.

"He may not be well known to many of our fans but he is a real talent and a player we have been keeping an eye on for some time.

"It's been a good couple of days for us on the transfer front."

Reports emerged on Friday that Marveaux had failed his medical at Anfield, but he confirmed this was not the case.

"I do not want to go into details, but I did not sign for Liverpool because there was a contractual disagreement between the parties Thursday night," he confirmed to L'Equipe.

Guest neesy111

As long as he doesn't do a Gosling / Ben Arfa in injury terms then it's a positive signing that actually gives competition to Jonas something he's never had at NUFC.

Don't know owt about the lad, but on a Bosman then why not? Seems as if we are to become the new 'Arsenal' though - shipping out many of the english players and bringing in imports.

Ashley's cutting costs. Does anyone really think the £35m for Carroll will be spent?

Not on transfer fees but on wages as it looks right now and while we are on why do we buy so many players with injury problems atm  :mick:

Whilst big earners like Nolan and Barton, Enrique and Smith (if not this summer then next summer) are moved on, so we end up with less of a wage bill anyway.

:kasper: This is Nolan's replacement? Well done NUFC!!! what a coup!

He's a left winger, can't say I've seen Nolan bombing up the wings for us in recent times :lol:

Ah right, i thought he was an attacking CM, still a brilliant signing!

Some right miserable cunts on here like, desperate to see the worst in any situation, I'm surprised you managed to get out of bed this morning without choking on your own misery.

Good signing, thought we'd missed out on him, my only concern is that were now not in for Zoggy, they are pretty similar though I think we'd all rather have Zoggy back. We will just have to see, we might be showing Jonas the door and with adequate replacements that really isn't something that would worry me too much.