Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I still don't get why he was dropped in the first place. Our best player over the Christmas period and frequently looks a very neat playmaker through the middle.

Cos we brought in Sissokho who has been playing in Marv's best position. And we all know how he started here.

In the middle he' so much better. He just looks happier and more comfortable. "Get me the ball, i'll keep it." If the right pass isn't on he'll slow it down and play it simple. Today, Siss looks to only have 1 gear and it's GO GO GO! Always looking for the killer ball when sometimes his great runs would be better if he passed it simple.

I still don't get why he was dropped in the first place. Our best player over the Christmas period and frequently looks a very neat playmaker through the middle.

Because Guitierrez works harder defensively and that's Pardew's main concern.

Cos we brought in Sissokho who has been playing in Marv's best position. And we all know how he started here.

In the middle he' so much better. He just looks happier and more comfortable. "Get me the ball, i'll keep it." If the right pass isn't on he'll slow it down and play it simple. Today, Siss looks to only have 1 gear and it's GO GO GO! Always looking for the killer ball when sometimes his great runs would be better if he passed it simple.

May be wrong, but I'm under the impression that he was dropped before Sissoko arrived. IIRC he picked up an injury after the Christmas period when he was by far our best player, then when he returned he was played on the left wing where he did even less than Guti. After that he hasn't had a look in until the 10 minute cameo against Chelsea and the odd substitute appearance/Europa game since.

In some games i'd start him ahead of Tiote and drop Sissoko back a bit, there is absolutely no reason for Tiote to start in games like this.

I would do it for most games, especially at home. Quality player, worthy of a starting place.

In some games i'd start him ahead of Tiote and drop Sissoko back a bit, there is absolutely no reason for Tiote to start in games like this.

Sissoko would be an ideal holding mf who can burst forward in the space left by teams defending deep.

Still don't think he has the work-rate to play on the wing and I don't think we are good enough to leave a full back exposed against two players, especially with both full backs being attack minded.

Like the idea of him as an impact sub though or as a bad up to Sissoko.

Him and Hatem are the only two that can, as Pards has put it before, 'unlock' the door  in that way. Yohan can get us on the counter and plays lovely through balls from deep, Sissoko runs like an ox with the ball at his feet and  those two have that magic touch in and around the box. Would be great if we could always incorporate one of the pair into the side.

Guest palnese

I think Pardew's biggest problem is that he can't find a position for Marveaux where he can utilize his qualities.

I think Pardew's biggest problem is that he can't find a position for Marveaux where he can utilize his qualities.

I don't think there is a position without dropping a better player tbf.

Needs to start instead of that shithouse Guti.

Big time.

Gutierrez is akin to a closing pitcher in baseball, who could come on to help see out a winning result in the last few minutes. Nothing more at all. Home or away, derby or not, he should not start matches for us when the little gem that is Marveaux is available.

:thup:

Plays in Sissoko's position.

Guest palnese

Yep. That's the problem. He could do a very good job in the AM role, but I don't want to move Sissoko out wide or into a deeper role.