Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest chopey

Its not much of a boast at his next school reunion "Which major European team do you play for now Sylvain ?"

"I'm at Guingamp"

"Guncamp ? must be in America is it"

The reason no one big is coming in for him is because he never plays.

Not exactly hard to figure out. Anyway its a shame that we have a manager who has no idea how to use him, he's better going somewhere where he'll play and not sitting at home watching his team play on TV because the manager is brainless.

He never showed much if we're honest.

IFFFFFFF, getting him off the wage bill frees up some space for a CB i'd be well happy.

:thup:

I thought he showed enough to suggest that if he played in a team that played attacking football, he'd be quite a valuable asset. He was extremely good on the ball and showed more technical ability in his little stints than anyone else in the squad (bar HBA). Shame it never worked out as he could have been a good player for us. Just looking back at our team 10, 11 years ago and he'd have shone in that era.

Hhmm, don't quite agree. Over his time here he was more anonymous than standing out.  The games seemed to pass him by far too much.  Will probably be better of going back to France.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's suited to the English game, but I saw enough that we should have been able to get a couple of million for him. He did have ability even if you accept that he didn't get stuck in enough.

Hope he manages to resurrect his career as it has stagnated massively. Good luck to him, he was never in a million years going to be given even the slightest of chances here this season.

Hope he manages to resurrect his career as it has stagnated massively. Good luck to him, he was never in a million years going to be given even the slightest of chances here this season.

His best moments for us came when he was part of a midfield 3. He has a great touch and is a fantastic passer. I think mentally he wasnt sharp enough for the intensity of the premier league.

I wonder how much of his wages we're subsidising.

Im guessing 75%. I cant see Guingamp paying a player anymore than 10k a week. I may be wrong though.

50% of it should be docked from Pardew's pay.

I wonder how much of his wages we're subsidising.

Im guessing 75%. I cant see Guingamp paying a player anymore than 10k a week. I may be wrong though.

50% of it should be docked from Pardew's pay.

Pardew doesnt get paid, he is repaying gambling debts through fraudulent management.

This is an absolute f***ing joke.

Why though?

I guess the romantic in me always thought Pards would get sacked and the new manager (Martinez's clone) would use Marv and HBA as the core for an attacking team, but I guess all in all it's good for him to be loaned out, instead of eating Subway sandwiches here for a living.

Guest reefatoon

This is an absolute f***ing joke.

Why though?

I guess the romantic in me always thought Pards would get sacked and the new manager (Martinez's clone) would use Marv and HBA as the core for an attacking team, but I guess all in all it's good for him to be loaned out, instead of eating Subway sandwiches here for a living.

I agree with you regarding Ben Arfa, I just don't hold Marv with anywhere near the same kind of admiration. He seems to have been blown up into something he never really showed (on any kind of consistent level). A few nice touches over his full time here doesn't equate to a great player to me.  Seems to have been turned into a superstar without actually playing because it's Pardew that dropped him.  By the way, Pardew is a cunt.

Didn't we lose the handful of games he played well in? He never really turned a game. He never had much impact. He always seemed to want too much time on the ball. He was invisible when he played on the wing. He has two years left on his contract so at least if he does well on loan NUFC may get a fee for him.

Hopefully Jonas and Obertan are next and we get a replacement or two.

All good points. I can't help but feel under a better manager he could've become more consistent. Who knows and frankly, we cares now, we seem to have replaced him with better players (going by their reputation). I wish him all the best and hope he becomes the creative spark he can become in a different team.

Didn't we lose the handful of games he played well in? He never really turned a game. He never had much impact. He always seemed to want too much time on the ball. He was invisible when he played on the wing. He has two years left on his contract so at least if he does well on loan NUFC may get a fee for him.

Hopefully Jonas and Obertan are next and we get a replacement or two.

I recall a great assist for Cisse against Stoke to win the game.