Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest icemanblue

Other than a poor first 15-20 mins, I thought he had a good game. Always looking forward, not afraid to shoot, and some decent deliveries from set pieces. He was still chasing and closing down in the last five minutes, too.

Other than a poor first 15-20 mins, I thought he had a good game. Always looking forward, not afraid to shoot, and some decent deliveries from set pieces. He was still chasing and closing down in the last five minutes, too.

My thoughts exactly. Seems a bit light and slow for he PL atm, hopefully he can get more adjusted, love his left foot and agility.

Or significantly right. Bit of a problem when your job is to make things happen.

He's virtually missed two of the last 3 seasons through injury, he's going to need time to get up to speed.

At the rate at which he operates he'll be up to speed just in time for his contract to run out. I want to like him but it just seems every game he plays illicits more excuses.

At the rate at which he operates he'll be up to speed just in time for his contract to run out. I want to like him but it just seems every game he plays illicits more excuses.

His lack of fitness isn't en excuse, it's a reason.

He'll be playing football every day in training. Fitness doesn't look like the issue anyway.

I don't think he's got the same strength that he had last season, I don't know whether it's fitness or something else.

Seemed to always want a couple of seconds too long on the ball.

I thought that, but for me, that will disappear with more games he plays.

No reason to write him off yet, he's a good player in my eyes. Nice touch, can pick a pass and can actually deliver a pretty threatening ball. I still think he's not too dissimilar to Hatem this time last year, when coming back from injury. Not saying he's as good as Ben Arfa, just that we shouldn't be so quick to judge, he's going to need time.

to me he's like Vuckic, they're a pair of flowers.

technically very gifted, but my biggest problem with these players when there's any danger of having to make contact with another player they sh1t themselves.

How many times have I seen this boy run to close down an opponent and when he gets near the opponent he soon slows down and then wait for the man to pass the ball away.

What is the f***ing point of even closing down your opponent if you're not going do jack sh1t!  I dont give a flying f*** if he's not a defender, all players must commit them selves!

Jesus christ just watch Lionel Messi when his team don't have ball he breaks his neck to close down and stick a toe end in, tries to win the ball back, that is the least you expect from a professional footballer.  You dont have to slide all over the place with lunging flying tackles, thats not what im asking.  Just get your toe end near the ball at least, don't even have to make contact with the opponent. 

You're not going to survive in this game at the top level if run around like a tart.

if this boy can get his act together and grow half a ballsack he would be a hell of a player.  thats the most faustrating thing with these types of players.

Guest sicko2ndbest

His delivery and general tidiness sets him apart from Jonas and Obertan IMO

Where he falls down is his energy and incisiveness. He needs to take more risks if he is to make the step up

Terrible first half, approaching good second half.

He wasn't terrible in the first half, he should have scored when he totally missed the ball but other than that he did nothing wrong.

I pretty much agree with this, although i think he was neat and tidy but a little bit powder puff and lightweight which is perhaps why he isn't playing in the PL atm.

He'll be playing football every day in training. Fitness doesn't look like the issue anyway.

He doesn't look too motivated in the run outs I've seen. Technique wise he looks streets ahead of both Jonas and Obertan. His deliveries were mostly excellent and he looks like he's got a pass on him as well. Maybe he just doesn't fancy English football much.