Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest icemanblue

Didn't do enough. Again, unfortunately. Anonymous in the first half, other than one good ball. He might not be a winger, but he has to show that he wants the ball.

I imagine he's suffering from a crisis of confidence. Being constantly dropped and overlooked for Sammy will do that to a player.

We tried to play him in a position like Silva at Man City. Wide but drifting in and in between the defence and midfield. I think it could work if he had a run of games, which he won't get. In fact, Sammy will probably start next week.

I imagine he's suffering from a crisis of confidence. Being constantly dropped and overlooked for Sammy will do that to a player.

We tried to play him in a position like Silva at Man City. Wide but drifting in and in between the defence and midfield. I think it could work if he had a run of games, which he won't get. In fact, Sammy will probably start next week.

If Sammy plays well midweek, bearing in mind the way he played today i would say he deserves to take Marveaux's place against Fulham.

Mick Lowes was being very critical today, said he was just returning the ball to whoever give him it all the time and not wanting to run at his marker.

Nail on head.

Few times he was passing it back forth with us going nowhere and once in particular he passed it back and forth to HBA about 3 times and the crowd grew restless at this point urging them to get on with it.

We were a lot more direct and more threatening when Sammy replaced him.

I know he's not a winger but I expected more of him, in all honesty. I was looking forward to having a left footed player on the left but he drifted in too much, making us even more narrow, and I don't remember him crossing the ball at all in open play. He simply just doesn't have a winger's mentality, he's not direct enough. Sammy was more dangerous when he came on but his delivery is absolutely woeful.

Didn't Marv get the most assists for us last season?

Yes he did but that says more about the lack of creativity in the squad than Marveaux himself.

Yet people think buying another striker for a team which has close to zero creativity will magically fix everything.  :rolleyes:

Would love to see Marveaux in a team with movement and a positive game plan under a manager that isn't clueless. Im sure many of our players would improve alot.

Doubt many of our players are enjoying it right now. Football has to be fun to perform as well as possible.

Would love to see Marveaux in a team with movement and a positive game plan under a manager that isn't clueless. Im sure many of our players would improve alot.

Doubt many of our players are enjoying it right now. Football has to be fun to perform as well as possible.

This, Pardew sucks the creative life out of our team

Mick Lowes was being very critical today, said he was just returning the ball to whoever give him it all the time and not wanting to run at his marker.

Nail on head.

Few times he was passing it back forth with us going nowhere and once in particular he passed it back and forth to HBA about 3 times and the crowd grew restless at this point urging them to get on with it.

Interesting comments there... As I was criticised for suggesting on here that our current crowd doesn't help when it comes to patient passing football...

Yes he did but that says more about the lack of creativity in the squad than Marveaux himself.

Yet people think buying another striker for a team which has close to zero creativity will magically fix everything.  :rolleyes:

Really? Given the amount of time he spent on the pitch, that says plenty about his ability.

Nail on head.

Interesting comments there... As I was criticised for suggesting on here that our current crowd doesn't help when it comes to patient passing football...

There are loads who want to see crosses into the box and go mental when we win corners.

Anything else that gets attempted is met with impatient screams of disapproval.

Really? Given the amount of time he spent on the pitch, that says plenty about his ability.

Never said he wasn't talented but the mere fact he was a top assister with 4 or 5? says about all you need to know about the lack of creation in this squad.

Marveaux is a good player who wasn't in his best position yesterday, he still wasn't the worst player on the pitch and two others should have been off before him.  The first change should have been Shola off for Gouffran with Marveaux moving more centrally.