Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Hope he's giving it a real go this year and wasn't one of the "two" sent home from the first day of training for being five minutes late. Don't think I saw him on any of the videos.

I hope the 2 were Colback and Williamson, and there card is forever after well and truly marked

Colback strikes me as the type to turn up two hours early

Did anyone see much of him last year? His stats don't look particularly impressive.

Apparently he was fairly underwhelming for Guingamp. I'm hoping a change of management will do him good here, he's a useful player to have in the squad.

Did anyone see much of him last year? His stats don't look particularly impressive.

Apparently he was fairly underwhelming for Guingamp. I'm hoping a change of management will do him good here, he's a useful player to have in the squad.

Hmm hopefully, but I'm a bit scpetical. I agree with fatwax, I'm a bit baffled by the faith some people have in his abilities. It seems like he's living off a couple of assists in 12/13 (on this forum at least!)

Not in the squad, not pictured training all week. Either picked up a knock or is off. No Cabella, Colo or Taylor either for what its worth.

Newcastle United Return for Pre-Season Training

That was nearly a week and a half ago.

I've definitely seen Colo, Cabella and Taylor on the pics lyke.

Oh meant not in the squad tonight for the others.. seen all the others in pics. Just no Marveaux all week.

I genuinely believe at this stage, no one should be a write off.  New manager, seemingly new transfer policy, new tactics and new coaches. Everyone, including Williamson should be given the chance to prove there up to the mark under these new circumstances, if not (probably not in many cases) then get rid.

Still have more hope in Marvs then most others.

Agree, we certainly can't have a squad of players especially those that can produce a bit of flair

His technical ability and 'flair' have been blown impressively out of proportion in his absence like. He couldn't even deliver in Guingamp by all accounts, will never make it in the Premier league. It's time to say goodbye.

Agree, we certainly can't have a squad of players especially those that can produce a bit of flair

His technical ability and 'flair' have been blown impressively out of proportion in his absence like. He couldn't even deliver in Guingamp by all accounts, will never make it in the Premier league. It's time to say goodbye.

From a man that supports Sammy :lol:

He's technically very good, actually, and that's based on seeing him play for us.

Eh? :lol: I'm absolutely delighted to see Sammy shipped out on loan.

Wonder who is going to be on the treatment table the most this season out of Marv and De Jong  :lol:

Pretty annoying if the hernia news is true, you would've hoped he could have got a full pre season under his belt to help him in the long run. Missing the whole of it will no doubt mean he'll pick up little niggles throughout the next 12 months too.

Eh? :lol: I'm absolutely delighted to see Sammy shipped out on loan.

Thought it was Cronky, with the shola/sammy avatar :thup:

• 2 weeks later...