Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Still can't get his performance down at Everton 3 years ago out of my head. A more gutless and cowardly performance you could not find. I wrote him off after that because although he has some talent (not enough to be playing at a top half PL club) he has a heart the size of a pea.

• 1 month later...

The transfer window closes on September the 1st at 6pm so there's still time. Having said that, Marveaux is currently recovering from a hernia operation. I think he is due back some time in September.

Aye but thats only in England (and Scotland until midnight).  Most of the European deadlines are this evening are they not?

The transfer window closes on September the 1st at 6pm so there's still time. Having said that, Marveaux is currently recovering from a hernia operation. I think he is due back some time in September.

Aye but thats only in England (and Scotland until midnight).  Most of the European deadlines are this evening are they not?

I don't know.

I doubt NUFC would be able to sell Marveaux to any club that would want him. His wages would be too high for the stature of clubs that would be interested in him. He'd have to take a pay cut or have NUFC subsidise his wages. Either that or end his contract by mutual consent, pay him up or loan him out. A few of those options seem unlikely.

How does anyone know he won't be part of the first team? There's no evidence to suggest McClaren will dump him in the reserves

I think there's just too many players ahead of him in that position. His constant injuries haven't done him any favours.

How does anyone know he won't be part of the first team? There's no evidence to suggest McClaren will dump him in the reserves

Not saying he will be dumped there just can't see where he will fit in the current set up.  His best play has been when played as an attacking midfielder (never been convinced with him out wide in the Premier League) and we have so many players who appear to be in the running for our "number 10" spot I really can't see him being involved.

hope he does get fit, always liked his style on the ball

I just think he's one of those players who can make a defence splitting pass or score a goal, although I get that his work rate is not so good so might be termed a luxury player.