Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I think Marveaux and Riviere will benefit from a more positive coaching staff. Excited to see them come back into the fold, and hopefully make some contribution going forward.

Riviere looks like he'll never finish a chance as long as he lives but as long as he's being paired with Perez or De Jong I'd prefer him to this version of Cisse because he'll run the channels, stretch defences and make space for Wijnaldum, Perez or whoever to exploit. Cisse looks well and truly done in the PL.

Why is everybody deciding Cisse is done all of a sudden? His last game was just a typical Cisse performance. Missed a couple of chances which he generally does and might have scored if he wasn't taken off at half time. Very similar to his performance on the opening day actually

Why is everybody deciding Cisse is done all of a sudden? His last game was just a typical Cisse performance. Missed a couple of chances which he generally does and might have scored if he wasn't taken off at half time. Very similar to his performance on the opening day actually

Would have scored if not for being fouled. Not a fan but he'll always have that nack of finding chances in the box.

Done in the sense that he's fucking useless for us as the rest of the team can't function without a presence up top.

Agree that he is poor in general play but I don't see any rapid decline in him. He's just the same as he has been the last two or three years to me

He contributes absolutely nothing to the team play and is completely disinterested when on the pitch. Aye his finishing is decent - completely dependant on whether he's feeling like it/confident (something he definitely is not atm) - but he's also capable of missing sitters and I'd much rather see Ayoze and Mitro getting game time who are both also competent finishers as well as 100x better footballers with far more presence on a game.

At the very least, Cisse needs a timeout and needs to fight for his place. Far too many of our players have been resting on their laurels due to complacency and no squad depth.

I don't think Cisse is arsed about playing football much personally - as long as he's picking up his wages, shagging his various wives and spunking his money in Aspers and shisha he's a happy bunny.

At the very least, Cisse needs a timeout and needs to fight for his place. Far too many of our players have been resting on their laurels due to complacency and no squad depth.

I don't think Cisse is arsed about playing football much personally - as long as he's picking up his wages, shagging his various wives and spunking his money in Aspers and shisha he's a happy bunny.

Sounds just like the right fit for a Middle Eastern club :) Maybe a wife or two can be a signing bonus.

• 1 month later...

Don't really rate him and he seemingly didn't pull up any trees at Guingamp.

Would rather give the game time to Thauvin if we want that sort of player on the wing, and weren't Marveaux's best games at CAM anyway? Would have Perez, De Jong, Wij and Thauvin ahead of him there.