Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Next Summer will be interesting with so many people being released when their contracts run down like.

I always quite liked Sylvain but thought he should be able to produce more, great on his day but not on his day often enough sadly.

Survived the window. Played a fair amount of games in Ligue 1 last year, 3 goals 6 assists in 33. Nothing mind blowing, albeit in a weaker team, but could play apart as a squad player here once fit imo.

In the very limited chance he was given here two seasons ago he always looked a class apart in terms of having a footballing brain and his close control/technique. Also could be criticized for hiding a bit in a couple of games but he certainly wasn't alone. Think he could thrive under this set up and give something different though, glad to see him still here at least until the new year.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to think this guy could come back and give us something quality this season, but it feels like that it's way past that being a possibility really. Loved his outside of the boot cross against Arsenal. Nearly 3 years ago that happened mind.

• 3 weeks later...

He's a talented player and shown it in a few games here - very inconsistent which is to prtty much to be expected when you have as many injury problems as he does. I don't have an issue with him being here as a squad player, although him and Siem seem to be here for no other reason than to make sure the physio's earn their wages. Not that it's really necessary...