Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He did ok last night. Cut inside a lot and ran from the middle. An intelligent passer of the ball. For me he'll be better off having Santon behind him. We could cause team problems with him cutting in and Santon running out wide

Yep, I'm thinking this is the best arrangement of our players at the moment. Feels strange actually suggesting we should leave Ryan Taylor at LB mind.

He did ok last night. Cut inside a lot and ran from the middle. An intelligent passer of the ball. For me he'll be better off having Santon behind him. We could cause team problems with him cutting in and Santon running out wide

Yep, I'm thinking this is the best arrangement of our players at the moment. Feels strange actually suggesting we should leave Ryan Taylor at LB mind.

I wouldn't. Santon RB Marv RM :fwap:

Nice :thup:

Looking forward to seeing him play. His touch, intelligance and passing range has looked impressive in his breif stints thus far. The one thing that does worry me is he seems to drift inside a lot which could leave Simpson exposed to Baines. Hence why I'd switch Jonas to the right for this one.

If he starts on the right i wouldn't mind Santon at RB as he's composed and very attacking, he could overlap when Marveaux cuts inside. Saying that i thought Simpson was very good against Stoke and will not be dropped, but this is a totally different game, if i could i would start Santon as i dont rate Simmo.

If Pardew tells Marveaux to stay outside and help protect Simpson against Baines then I'd expect him to follow instructions and do as such, regardless of his own personal playing style.  Just like Jonas had to do last week.

Jonas can run forever and a day and even he was looking shattered by the end of it.  Imagine Marveaux will keel over dead on about 42 minutes

I wouldn't rush to switch Jonas over for Everton. I can see the thinking behind it but we're at home; there's no need to alter our play to accommodate any potential threats. Start Marveaux/Ben Arfa on the left and switch it if needs be.

I wouldn't rush to switch Jonas over for Everton. I can see the thinking behind it but we're at home; there's no need to alter our play to accommodate any potential threats. Start Marveaux/Ben Arfa on the left and switch it if needs be.

Right surely?

Right surely?

Don't see much point in having both Jonas and Marveaux/HBA on the left and no one on the right, 4-11-3-1?

Guest VaVaVoom

Pardew seems to like having right footers on the left and vice-versa. Definitely a weapon if implemented correctly.

Those who are going on about Marveaux cutting in and exposing Simpson, using Jonas against Stoke as an example of how it should be.....We are at home for fuck sake and in great form.

We will be attacking more than we will be defending i reckon.

I dunno Obertan losing posession exposed Simpson, though do think he was much better at Stoke so still sad about his injury. No need to panic overly about Marveaux exposing Simpson any worse than before to be honest. I don't want Marveaux asked to hold up play like Jonas, he won't be as good as that (like Jonas not as good as going forward, I hope from Marveaux anyway).

Right surely?

Aye, my mistake. Was still sleeping.