Blaise Matuidi

Skeletor

This is why I can't see us playing Tiote and Matuidi and Cabaye.

Ben Arfa would surely be better in a central role behind a forward, with Jonas/Marveaux as wide men. That would stretch the play and create space for HBA, while stopping the defence doubling up on the wingers so much.

Ben Arfa would surely be better in a central role behind a forward, with Jonas/Marveaux as wide men. That would stretch the play and create space for HBA, while stopping the defence doubling up on the wingers so much.

But you forget a central pairing of Tiote, Matuidi and Cabaye would be i-fucking-mmense.

Guest Roger Kint

But you forget a central pairing of Tiote, Matuidi and Cabaye would be i-f***ing-mmense.

And that HBA has played most his career from wider areas. Not that cutting inside isnt possible, the front 3 would be pretty fluid imo.

Guest Antec

@MsiDouglas  Mark Douglas

@_Greggers Matuidi would definitely be a starter if he arrived. More than just DM. Sturridge a no go at that price

Would be just class if we signed Matuidi and N'Zogbia and went for a 4-3-3 with N'Zogbia and Ben Arfa down the flanks.

Couldn't really imagine Matuidi, Cabaye and Tiote getting overrun in the center of the park, would allow Zoggy and Barf a lot of freedom to attack down the flanks.

Might have enough money left for a new #9 as well.  :pow:

Guest ykmkmdd

Would be just class if we signed Matuidi and N'Zogbia and went for a 4-3-3 with N'Zogbia and Ben Arfa down the flanks.

:snod:

Friend of mine scouted him when he was working for Portsmouth, albeit this was a few years back, but his report pretty much stated that he's almost totally left-footed and is more of an athlete than a footballer. Hopefully he's vastly improved since then, seeing as he's a full French international I'd be very surprised if he was Amdy Faye mkII.

Same Portsmouth that went under, and signed Utaka?

To be fair they scouted Sami Khedira and highly recommended him when he was at Stuttgart, not their fault the management team went out and signed Hayden Mullens instead.  :idiot2:

Today's local sports paper in the St-Etienne region, article on Payet & Matuidi

http://www.le10sport.com/L-info-du-10/Payet-Matuidi--ca-bouge-230648564.html

....as for Blaise Matuidi, it seems that the only serious lead is coming from Newcastle. At least they're the only club at present that has officially enquired about the player to Roland Romeyer. Here again, the owner is waiting for an offer of more than €10m, which they've not yet received. Both situations could become more clear before St-Etienne return to training next Monday.

Roland Romeyer confirmed Thursday that Blaise Matuidi not go against the ASSE an amount less than 15ME. President Green called the sum of necessary condition for the French international could leave St Etienne this summer. What clarify things for Newcastle and other clubs who want to integrate the midfielder in their team.

"When it was extended, with a big raise, we discussed a release by the end of the 2010-2011 season and we found an agreement for 13 million euros over two million in bonuses. Below, we will not let him leave. Because Blaise Matuidi is not for sale. If someone puts that amount, obviously, we respect our word , "assured the leader Etienne on RMC .

http://www.foot01.com/ligue1/l-asse-reste-tres-ferme-pour-matuidi,73382

Roland Romeyer confirmed Thursday that Blaise Matuidi not go against the ASSE an amount less than 15ME. President Green called the sum of necessary condition for the French international could leave St Etienne this summer. What clarify things for Newcastle and other clubs who want to integrate the midfielder in their team.

"When it was extended, with a big raise, we discussed a release by the end of the 2010-2011 season and we found an agreement for 13 million euros over two million in bonuses. Below, we will not let him leave. Because Blaise Matuidi is not for sale. If someone puts that amount, obviously, we respect our word , "assured the leader Etienne on RMC .

13 mil euros, 11 milllion quid?....ish

Whats your opinion lads (whio have watched him) - bit steep or worth it?

Whats your opinion lads (whio have watched him) - bit steep or worth it?

He is worth the money imo. A great player who I think would fit in the Prem really well. If this is stopping us from getting a top striker though, we should just forget him.

Rather use 11m on Matuidi and another 11m on a striker considering we've still only spent around 5m of the Carroll money.

And an extra 10-15 mill that would have been earmarked for this season.  Wishful thinking.

Rather use 11m on Matuidi and another 11m on a striker considering we've still only spent around 5m of the Carroll money.

And also brought in (apparently) £4m from sale of Nolan so total outgoing of £1m!