London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Had Lodeiro started a game yet?

Am I right in thinking he was dubbed a future wonderkid?

Not that far but aye he was hyped massively after his world under 20 performances. Flopped big time in the WC (sent off in opening game) and at Ajax though. Gone back to South America now, Brazil can't remember who.

He's very much my kind of player so I hope he makes it big.

He's signed for Botafago.

Guest neesy111

Aye its canny sh*t how the club shop was shut for matchdays, would have made a canny chunk from sales

During Euro 96 it sold loads of strips where it was then.  Remember getting a Croatia strip IIRC.

Is it fair to say that Suarez really doesn't have enough consistent end product to be considered a top player?  He's not the finished article by a long shot IMO, although obviously capable of moments of real magic.

I think he's overrated tbh and i dont use that work to throw away like some people. He's a very good dribbler but far too often runs into blind alleys and think's he's Messi, his finishing is pis poor and passing while decent isn't anything to ride home about.

In short he's a good player but isn't worth anywhere near the hype he gets.

FFS man, this post hurt my head during my catchup! :lol: Wait til I get on my horse and tell people I've had something to ride home about. Work up :thup: Unless you're taking the pis? :lol:

Is it fair to say that Suarez really doesn't have enough consistent end product to be considered a top player?  He's not the finished article by a long shot IMO, although obviously capable of moments of real magic.

I think he's overrated tbh and i dont use that work to throw away like some people. He's a very good dribbler but far too often runs into blind alleys and think's he's Messi, his finishing is pis poor and passing while decent isn't anything to ride home about.

In short he's a good player but isn't worth anywhere near the hype he gets.

FFS man, this post hurt my head during my catchup! :lol: Wait til I get on my horse and tell people I've had something to ride home about. Work up :thup: Unless you're taking the pis? :lol:

Usual rushed post, that i never bothered to correct :thup: i'll fix it now. :lol:

I'd say it's a lack of consistency, how old is he now 25?

He's not a 9 IMO and therefore to judge him as is slightly flawed. Aside from Ajax, he's never been that prolific anyway and I reckon any old knacker could pop a few in for Ajax.

Oh definitely not. It's just he gets into some cracking positions (a lot of it through his own work might I add) then seems to fluff his chances, so wasting all of the so-called harder work.

Aye it's a weird one, it's almost as if his low centre running/technique style is more condusive to dribbling etc than shooting and passing. Bit of a head down player at times.

Absolutely unplayable on his day hence the hype. His 4-0 v Chile was probably the best individual performance I watched last season.

:thup: It was only last summer ago he was winning the Copa America and picking up player of the tournament. You'll be hard pressed to find a better forward at international level recently. He looks massively off the pace at the moment though, no way he's going to be 100% for the start of the season.

GB in the quarters and potentially brazil in the semis.

Should've scored against Gabon you chumps :yao:

Come on. There is no potential for you to play Brazil. Your boys are gonna take a whoopin'

Anyone else think that the GB football idea has been an unbelievable success after much toing and froing ?

It's been fun because of the lack of England Euro 2012 players tbh.

Maybe we should scrap the home nations and just compete as GB now.

:yao:

Anyone else think that the GB football idea has been an unbelievable success after much toing and froing ?

It's been fun because of the lack of England Euro 2012 players tbh.

Maybe we should scrap the home nations and just compete as GB now.

:yao:

We'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Guest neesy111

To be fair, the future England team will include more of Cleverly, Wilshere and co and a lot less of Gerrard and Lampard. That will make them instantly easier to watch.

And more likeable.

To be fair, the future England team will include more of Cleverly, Wilshere and co and a lot less of Gerrard and Lampard. That will make them instantly easier to watch.

Cleverley's nowt special though.

And more likeable.

Wilshere's not likeable, he's a proper little petulant cunt.