The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

City have won something like 10 out of their last 12 PL games, and their squad is improved on last season. They'll win the league this year unless they lose key players to long-term injury.

Think Mancini will cost them ultimately. Some impressive performances will come but I think they'll drop too many points against teams they should be beating if they're to win it. Man Utd for me.

Mancini knows what he's doing - in spite of the pitiful City performances against you lot in the last couple of seasons.

Can't see past the Manchester clubs like.

For me that depends on who Villa-Boas brings in.

If Chelsea had bought Aguero then maybe.

Unless they get Modric & Neymar I doubt they'll do much bar 3rd.

You say that, but look at how close they got last season, even after their dreadful first half of the season. I wouldn't write them off just yet.

City have won something like 10 out of their last 12 PL games, and their squad is improved on last season. They'll win the league this year unless they lose key players to long-term injury.

Think Mancini will cost them ultimately. Some impressive performances will come but I think they'll drop too many points against teams they should be beating if they're to win it. Man Utd for me.

Mancini knows what he's doing - in spite of the pitiful City performances against you lot in the last couple of seasons.

I didn't say he was clueless, however he won't make the bold decisions when necessary this season IMO, whereas Ferguson will.

Can't see past the Manchester clubs like.

For me that depends on who Villa-Boas brings in.

If Chelsea had bought Aguero then maybe.

Unless they get Modric & Neymar I doubt they'll do much bar 3rd.

You say that, but look at how close they got last season, even after their dreadful first half of the season. I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Chelsea squad is dying out, too many old players not doing what they used too. Think AVB will be a boost, and long term with the right backing he'll come good, just can't see it this season. By the time Torres remembers how he used to play football all the big names will have retired and he'll be 30 himself while Citeh will keep buying everyone and finally dethroning Manu.

I didn't say he was clueless, however he won't make the bold decisions when necessary this season IMO, whereas Ferguson will.

He won't need to, man. They'll grind out draws or narrow wins against the big lot, and beat what's left with comfort. Their season.

Think Chelsea will finish above City personally. The team best suited to fight Man U for the title, I think. No conclusions to draw from matchday one. A newly promoted side at home is one the easiest fixtures City will see. Stoke away is always a battle, and they really should have won that match.

If City sign Nasri then they should absolutely piss the division, absolutely piss it. I know that there's every chance they won't - but with they'll have the best squad in the division. Will ultimately come down to the manager. The attacking players he'll have at his disposal will be absolutely ridiculous. Dzeko, Aguero, Balotelli, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Johnson etc. Just mental; on paper it's arguably the best selection of players the Premier League's ever had imo. There are several things that could make it not work, but from a purely 'quality' perspective, it's unbelievable.

And, for the punchline, i still wouldn't trade it for what we currently have. Even with our bollocks lack-of-ambition owners.

He won't need to, man. They'll grind out draws or narrow wins against the big lot, and beat what's left with comfort. Their season.

Absolutely. Their squad is just too good. Man U got a fair few breaks last year, and the first match pointed up how fragile players like Ferdinand are. Chelsea will be very interesting, but my money would be on City. They can now play pretty much any way they want.

Arsenal line-up: Szczesney; Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Ramsey, Rosicky, Song; Walcott, Chamakh, Gervinho

#udinese: Handanovic; Ekstrand Benatia Danilo Neuton; Agyemang-Badu; Isla Asamoah Pinzi Armero; Di Natale.