The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

The Times podcast were discussing Sturridge and Welbeck earlier in the week in relation to England and most of them were very dismissive of Sturridge in the sense that it was discussed in a very manner-of-fact way that Welbeck was a much better player. Don't see it myself like, I'd have Sturridge every day of the week.

The Times podcast were discussing Sturridge and Welbeck earlier in the week in relation to England and most of them were very dismissive of Sturridge in the sense that it was discussed in a very manner-of-fact way that Welbeck was a much better player. Don't see it myself like, I'd have Sturridge every day of the week.

Aye, definitely Sturridge over Welbeck.

Guest kingdawson

Of course Sturridge is the better player but you have to take our prefered formation into account (1 up top). Welbeck fits that formation better than Sturridge as he can play as the lone striker AND as one of the 2 support wingers/forwards. Sturridge can not play as a lone striker imo. Personally i'd take both of them.

Probs because The Times podcast is a load of shit.