Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Said it before but I'll say it again - absolute Rolls Royce of a player. Credit where it's due, Stevie Taylor was outstanding alongside him as well.

This. They were class together in the first half of the Championship season which people tend to forget ( I know, Championship...), but there is certainly potential in the partnership. Decent left back and I'll be happy with the defence for now, although Simpson still worries the shit out of me.

Said it before but I'll say it again - absolute Rolls Royce of a player. Credit where it's due, Stevie Taylor was outstanding alongside him as well.

This. They were class together in the first half of the Championship season which people tend to forget ( I know, Championship...), but there is certainly potential in the partnership. Decent left back and I'll be happy with the defence for now, although Simpson still worries the s*** out of me.

I agree, but about Simpson i'm usually critical against him but tbf to him he was solid today.

This. They were class together in the first half of the Championship season which people tend to forget ( I know, Championship...), but there is certainly potential in the partnership. Decent left back and I'll be happy with the defence for now, although Simpson still worries the s*** out of me.

I agree, but about Simpson i'm usually critical against him but tbf to him he was solid today.

Say it quietly, but even Raylor looked okay today.

Say it quietly, but even Raylor looked okay today.

In the first half Gervinho was going past him at will, and it was Colo and Taylor who saved his bacon on more than one occasion. He still looks awful defensively to me, although granted he was playing on his wrong side.

Yeah feel very assured with Colo now, he looks to have truly got to grips with the prem, is tough and has good speed to recover in situations. Steven Taylor looks a lot fitter/leaner too and it showed with his performance. A new solid left back will really help them out though.

I'll go as far as saying probably the most important player at the club, he is immense, light years apart from his 1st season in the Premiership.

Credit where credit is due Taylor looked good too, there seemed a bit more maturity to his game yesterday, suppose time will tell.