Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Can't we just give him time off to sort this crisis out. Rather lose him for 5 games than permanently.

Rather he was unhappy and we didn't get relegated personally.

This.

He's a professional footballer.  He needs to get on for what he's paid to do.

Easier said than done. Can anyone honestly say there is nothing in their personal life that would make you miss work if it went tits up? I know I cant.

Only in a few certain jobs could you get compassionate leave.

Most jobs are going to offer some form of compassionate leave though. Football should be no different. Especially if its the difference between him going on 2 weeks leave or losing him permanent.

Yes for people dying and being sick.  Not for problems with relationships though.

Do we know its a problem in his relationship? Surely his family live here?

Can't we just give him time off to sort this crisis out. Rather lose him for 5 games than permanently.

This.

Easier said than done. Can anyone honestly say there is nothing in their personal life that would make you miss work if it went tits up? I know I cant.

Most jobs are going to offer some form of compassionate leave though. Football should be no different. Especially if its the difference between him going on 2 weeks leave or losing him permanent.

Yes for people dying and being sick.  Not for problems with relationships though.

:lol: :lol:

'I'm sorry Colo, unless your family is ACTUALLY DYING then you can get fucked.'

This.

You cannot use normal jobs as an argument involving footballers, they just aren't comparable, I'm also guessing that in most normal jobs you aren't stuck thousands of miles away from your family.

Also it doesn't look as though Coloccini is asking for compassionate leave here, if reports are true he's willing to throw away his career and millions of pounds so it's clearly important to him that he needs to go. Hopefully it's just a particularly bad time that will pass sooner rather than later, or if he does have to leave we can convince him to come back whenever he's sorted.

Guest neesy111

This.

:lol: :lol:

'I'm sorry Colo, unless your family is ACTUALLY DYING then you can get fucked.'

I would have been laughed out of the workplace in some jobs for asking for time off for personal reasons.  Guess it all depends on the employer.

This.

I'm hardly a millionaire and I get compassionate leave.

If my family buggered off to Argentina, i'd have to leave like. This is what Colo is trying to do.

This.

You cannot use normal jobs as an argument involving footballers, they just aren't comparable, I'm also guessing that in most normal jobs you aren't stuck thousands of miles away from your family.

Also it doesn't look as though Coloccini is asking for compassionate leave here, if reports are true he's willing to throw away his career and millions of pounds so it's clearly important to him that he needs to go. Hopefully it's just a particularly bad time that will pass sooner rather than later, or if he does have to leave we can convince him to come back whenever he's sorted.

Whatever it is must have been going on for weeks, even months. He hasn't been at it since the mackem game.

It's been a carefully orchestrated build up to this point, first his old man saying that he'd like to see him back, then the Argie club officials saying they want him back, followed by today's news.

For him to allow it to get to this point, it must be his family on the line.

This.

If my family buggered off to Argentina, i'd have to leave like. This is what Colo is trying to do.

Apart from his family apparently haven't buggered off.

Guest neesy111

This.

It depends on your employer.  Some people are lucky to have very generous employers and some are not.

He has a contract, if he wants to leave ASAP he should retire from the game as we won't let go of his registration for free.

If he was to leave it's a shame we couldn't just loan him out. Last thing we want is 6-12-18 months down the line seeing him end up at someone like Liverpool or Spurs on the cheap.

Like Dave says though, we'd rather get rid than pay him £50-60k a week or the bulk of it while he's on loan, which is fair enough.

Guest reefatoon

That's a new requirement now for when we sign players.

Must be under 26

Must have a sell on value

Must not have a wife

Thing is if he leaves there is no way Ashley will pay decent money for a replacement. I can see the forward cash having to go towards a centre half.

It was under AShley that we bought him in the first place, we have also shown that we will spend money, Cisse.

If this happens quickly then he has no choice to to approve the signing of players otherwise his asset could well be in the shit.

It'll be a loan for the rest of his contract and we dont pay his wages, that way we keep his reg

:scared:

If he's to go that's the best scenario. Not sure how we can get away with not paying him and keeping his reg though since there's no chance San Lorenzo will pay all of it.

Guest reefatoon

Ashley will be losing double the money though if he goes for nothing.  No income from Colo leaving and then having to pay out a hefty sum for a quality replacement.

Just can't see that happening.