Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

We can surmise until the cows come home but we can't really judge him until we know what this personal issue is. Until then he has my support 100 percent but if it turns out he is home sick or something along them lines then I will lose a lot of respect for him.

Colo doesn't seem like the person to get homesick, and why would it come now a year after signing a new deal. I think the issue is very much a serious one and I am not sure we can trust that he will be 100% on the pitch, not at all infact.

A family crisis is a family crisis people.

If it's true I doubt we'll have a proper compromise. Worst case scenario, he buggers off to Argentina and we stop paying him. He's trying to go the gentleman route.

Which ties in with what his father has said.

Hmmm while still making sure he doesn't lose out, he'd have handed in a transfer request if so.

A transfer request is pretty hostile like.

Can't we just give him time off to sort this crisis out. Rather lose him for 5 games than permanently.

Rather he was unhappy and we didn't get relegated personally.

This.

He's a professional footballer.  He needs to get on for what he's paid to do.

Easier said than done. Can anyone honestly say there is nothing in their personal life that would make you miss work if it went tits up? I know I cant.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

#nufc face a major battle to hang onto captain. One source suggesting they have little choice but let him go. Now who blinks first?

:anguish:

how can we possibly have no choice tho?

#nufc face a major battle to hang onto captain. One source suggesting they have little choice but let him go. Now who blinks first?

How is that?  Just let him go for peanuts because he's unhappy and allegedly dipped his wick?  Yep, we have little choice.

Guest neesy111

Can't we just give him time off to sort this crisis out. Rather lose him for 5 games than permanently.

This.

Easier said than done. Can anyone honestly say there is nothing in their personal life that would make you miss work if it went tits up? I know I cant.

Only in a few certain jobs could you get compassionate leave.

:anguish:

how can we possibly have no choice tho?

If the options are:

1. Pay him and he refuses to play.

2. Cancel his contract.

The club would take option 2 every time. The rest of his contract is worth £10m in wages.

This.

Most jobs are going to offer some form of compassionate leave though. Football should be no different. Especially if its the difference between him going on 2 weeks leave or losing him permanent.

Guest neesy111

This.

Most jobs are going to offer some form of compassionate leave though. Football should be no different. Especially if its the difference between him going on 2 weeks leave or losing him permanent.

Yes for people dying and being sick.  Not for problems with relationships though.

Guest icemanblue

This.

Yes for people dying and being sick.  Not for problems with relationships though.

Are you for real, man? Any kind of personal/family issue can be grounds for compassionate leave.