Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Wally_McFool

The timing of this story is terrible, just before such an important game.

Yeah, the story was written by a fuckin' mackem supporter, Martin Hardy.

Theres a surprise! 

Bottled Dog, that makes no sense. If we don't sell Colo then we don't have or need that money to spend on a replacement. :lol:

My head may be a bit fuzzy today :lol:, but didn't you just question why people were talking about the financial side of a potential loss of Colo as the money side of it didn't affect the supporters?

This club can't afford what we would ask for Colo right?

Apparently.  No way we'll lose out on cash IF he does go, need to dig our heels in, till the summer at least.  He can't be captain tomorrow if he is playing.

The only 2 things keeping me sane are that he was eating in public with his family last night and that there simply has to be money involved.

No way on earth should we let him go now, not a chance. I want Ashley to be a bastard with him here. He needs to play tomorrow too.

Apparently.  No way we'll lose out on cash IF he does go, need to dig our heels in, till the summer at least.  He can't be captain tomorrow if he is playing.

If he plays he can't not be captain TBH. Better to just stick with him and ride it out.

Nah, we need Pardew to come out in his pre match presser and confirm he's still his captain and that he's going nowhere. Taking the armband off him would only fuel the hysteria.

Nah, we need Pardew to come out in his pre match presser and confirm he's still his captain and that he's going nowhere. Taking the armband off him would only fuel the hysteria.

Done his presser yesterday

Done his presser yesterday

Ah, I thought they we're today. Must be used to us playing on Sunday :lol:

Nixon's take on things, taken from FB:

San Lorenzo are one of Argentina's big fives. They're doing very poorly in the league right now and aren't blessed financially (despite having a rich owner, Ashley's Argie Cousin?). In fact Colo's given them money in recent times. They couldn't afford to relocate him but are trying (through his Dad, Ex San Lore player, current youth director) to get him to generate the entire move himself.

He couldn't afford to buy himself out, so while he may have asked the club to let him go, they won't. Them saying how much they want Coloccini is no different to you or I saying how much we'd love Andy Cole to return circa 1998/99 when we were pap. It's all been sensationalist pap in the Argentine press lately, and they've been linked with Mauro Cetto a far more reasonable option.

I've heard he's had a few off field issues this season (not the Pardew argument) but to make out like he won't be professional or this is crisis clearly forget being on the brink just before Keegan. Fernando Gago is in a similar situation with Valencia - trying to get a move to Boca Juniors, but remember how bleak financially Argentina is (in general as well as its league) and you begin to see why this is unlikely.

Nothing against the author, but he seems to have just spliced together Argentine tabloid and a bit of speculation.

Sky are apparently reporting that Colo has not handed in a transfer request......

Sky's silence, so far, has been something I've used as reassurance of it all being bollocks. I know they're not the bastion of news corps...but it seemed they were doing some digging before going with the Indi (unlike the Ronny Gill).

Still nothing on the NUFC page: http://www1.skysports.com/football/teams/newcastleunited

Trying to stay optimistic.

Well, we know David Craig is well in with Ashley and Llambias. I'm not close to a TV, so can't confirm either way.

Can see where your coming from, but I think it's fairly obviously true he wants out.  To come out with it now isn't something a captain should be doing considering how much shit we're in already, don't think he deserves it if I'm honest.

All this is assuming he has told the club he wants out, if it's not the case then yeah, him and Pardew need to squash the rumours and move on. 

San Lorenzo are one of Argentina's big fives. They're doing very poorly in the league right now and aren't blessed financially (despite having a rich owner, Ashley's Argie Cousin?). In fact Colo's given them money in recent times. They couldn't afford to relocate him but are trying (through his Dad, Ex San Lore player, current youth director) to get him to generate the entire move himself.

He couldn't afford to buy himself out, so while he may have asked the club to let him go, they won't. Them saying how much they want Coloccini is no different to you or I saying how much we'd love Andy Cole to return circa 1998/99 when we were pap. It's all been sensationalist pap in the Argentine press lately, and they've been linked with Mauro Cetto a far more reasonable option.

I've heard he's had a few off field issues this season (not the Pardew argument) but to make out like he won't be professional or this is crisis clearly forget being on the brink just before Keegan. Fernando Gago is in a similar situation with Valencia - trying to get a move to Boca Juniors, but remember how bleak financially Argentina is (in general as well as its league) and you begin to see why this is unlikely.

Nothing against the author, but he seems to have just spliced together Argentine tabloid and a bit of speculation.

Sensible view.

Guest neesy111

The author has done quite a few interviews with Colocini, so the last sentence is probably bullshit.

Guest icemanblue

Are we talking Nixon as in the old poster from here? If so, that carries as much weight as anything posted by the hundreds of users on here this morning. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Are we talking Nixon as in the old poster from here? If so, that carries as much weight as anything posted by the hundreds of users on here this morning. :lol:

Yes. :lol:

The timing of this story is terrible, just before such an important game.

Yeah, the story was written by a fuckin' mackem supporter, Martin Hardy.

Theres a surprise! 

Martin is not a mackem. Used to be a ST at NUFC, as was his mam and his sister.

Like i already said him and sister travelled with us to OT for the semi finals in 98 and 99.