Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

:lol: Everyone hates football, but we're all gonna watch tomorrow.

:lol: its an addiction man i can't shake it even if i wanted to.

:lol: You'd miss the bullshit if we turned into Barca.

Not having that like...

As a fan, when you support a team that's supposed to win, winning is just...eh. I mean, the trash talk ammunition is invaluable, but it's more relief than delight when it's over. At least personally.

Shit teams that turn it around are fucking magic. We're kinda doing the Oberdance, but we'll get it right eventually. I realize another Newcastle fan said the same shit in 1939...but still.

I've still yet to see Colo or his agent state that he wants to leave. All of this is just rumours which mean nought. Somebody please link me to where Colo has stated he's pissing off, I mean he stayed in the Championship ffs!

I've still yet to see Colo or his agent state that he wants to leave. All of this is just rumours which mean nought. Somebody please link me to where Colo has stated he's pissing off, I mean he stayed in the Championship ffs!

to play devils advocate its rare that any player just comes out and says it to the media (mostly because they lose loyalty bonuses etc)

Not having that like...

As a fan, when you support a team that's supposed to win, winning is just...eh. I mean, the trash talk ammunition is invaluable, but it's more relief than delight when it's over. At least personally.

Shit teams that turn it around are fucking magic. We're kinda doing the Oberdance, but we'll get it right eventually. I realize another Newcastle fan said the same shit in 1939...but still.

Are you saying Adolf Hitler loved the Toon like ?

This is just so shit. Been trying to formulate something coherent since this "broke", and not sure I've succeeded now, but it's about as close as I'm going to get.

First off, the silence from the club / Coloccini is deafening. It's safe to say that if it was all bollocks, we'd have been told it was all bollocks. And very quickly. There's no way they'd just sit there going "Nah, we'll not say anything" if Coloccini was happy as Larry. Therefore, it seems there's substance to it and he wants out.

So what next? We can't let him leave for free, as it would ruin us as a club. We're largely dependent on money in to finance money going out, and to replace Coloccini with someone of equal competence will cost £10m+. At this stage, with the season we've had so far and the personnel we've got here, if we leave ourselves with Taylor, Williamson and basically nobody else then we're properly fucked. Even if we get one more in, we're still fairly fucked as Taylor's a crock and Williamson's borderline incompetent. It's a recipe for another season in the Championship and I can assure you that most if not all of Tiote, Cisse, HBA, Krul and Cabaye will be off like a shot if that happens and we'll be set back by years.

Therefore we have 2 options IMO:

- Keep Coloccini unhappy at the club

- Sell him for enough money to buy a replacement

Now his market value, performances and contract length are enough to make him worth in the region of £10m (in my opinion), but the only club he wants to go to (allegedly) can barely afford 10p. So that leaves only one option, keep him here unhappy.

It's far from ideal, but we simply cannot afford to let him go.

Definitely. Not having anything to moan and complain about would take away most of the fun. The constant chaos makes me love the club even more.

As San Whatstheirface are making pretty in depth statements about it, I suggest this has been in the offing for a while now.  :sad:

Sounds like it's been discussed between them all (Colo, Colo's Dad, Club etc) and this is the "way" they're going to go about it.

Not sure if it's going to work or not, but would a mentally unsettled player be of any use to us in any case?

Particularly in our given predicament?

Fuck only knows :undecided:

He said he didn't know if he was leaving to a guy he was pictured with today, on twitter. That tells you what you need to know.

Guest ItalianMagpie

We are all speculating that he may have been a naughty boy, someone in his family is ill, he's had a row with Pardew. Is angry about our season, not buying player etc.

What if, it's none of them and he just want to go to his Dad's team.

Couldn't he at least wait for the summer? Is that urgent?

I don't believe this. He's got to have some serious problems to want to quit so suddenly, he's the captain, the fans (who love him) will never forgive him for jumping ship at this point of the season with us battling to avoid relegation, he knows that and he wouldn't want that only "to join his dad's club". If that's really what he wants he could easily wait until June and then fuck off home, I can see no reason why he'd be so in a hurry.

Well I doubt we'll let him go on a free under any circumstances unless he wants to pay the Ten mil out of his own pocket or he starts scoring own goals and not even trying in which case we could get him banned pretty much FIFA.

This is not a Ba situation by any means but also Pards needs to pull his head out of his ass as does Mike, because the team is obviously downhearted massively. That said we're still Newcastle Fucking United not Wigan so we need to get some of the Geordie spirit!