Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Taylor's never performed consistently to the level that Williamson has over the last 3 months (and whilst fitness has played a part, Taylor's certainly played for much longer periods). Make your own mind up about what that says about either of them, personally Taylor is very much 4th pick at the moment.

:thup:

Yanga and Williamson were forming a decent partnership before Coloccini was put back in the team, I would stick with those two as our CB pairing and put Santon on the right (don't rate him but hes the only option IMO) and finally give Haidara his chance on the left.

Exactly. Mbiwa in the centre is especially crucial, as I don't think a Williamson - Saylor combination would work at all due to lack of pace, skill on the ball and intelligence.

Aye, the thought of Williamson and Taylor together terrifies me.

Yanga and Williamson were forming a decent partnership before Coloccini was put back in the team, I would stick with those two as our CB pairing and put Santon on the right (don't rate him but hes the only option IMO) and finally give Haidara his chance on the left.

Exactly. Mbiwa in the centre is especially crucial, as I don't think a Williamson - Saylor combination would work at all due to lack of pace, skill on the ball and intelligence.

Aye, the thought of Williamson and Taylor together terrifies me.

I thought M'Biwa was a bit unfortunate to lose his place once Coloccini was fit again a few weeks ago. He and Williamson were forging a pretty good understanding and the partnership was developing nicely. Fingers crossed they can pick up where they left off.

Taylor is definitely 4th choice atm and should only be in to give Williamson a break if he needs one.

where does the 4 to 6 weeks come from ??

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140101/coloccini-facing-six-weeks-out_2281670_3600078?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fabricio Coloccini could be sidelined for up to six weeks after suffering medial ligament damage at West Bromwich Albion on Wednesday.

United's skipper pulled up in pain following a second-half challenge and was eventually replaced in the 65th minute, as the Magpies went on to suffer a 1-0 Barclays Premier League defeat.

Coloccini left the Hawthorns on crutches and will be further assessed by Newcastle's medical staff over the coming days.

However, based on the early signs, manager Alan Pardew expects to be without the influential centre-back until at least the start of February.

"I think he's got a ligament problem, so it could be four-to-six weeks," revealed Pardew to nufcTV.

Get well soon Colo - we were all over the shop when he went off

Lets not overreact :lol: we were already down to 10 men and it was 65 minutes in.

Williamson and MYM did fine before Colo came back into the side.

Edit: Just double checked, Colo was on the pitch for a massive 2 minutes after Debuchy was sent off, couldn't possibly have been the fact we went down to 10 men that affected our performance :lol:

@nufcfans: “@JuanG_Arango: Scratch San Lorenzo from list of teams Coloccini will head to. Father was just sacked as their director of football.” #NUFC

Must have been that brilliant attempt to get his son to quit his current club after signing a big contract and expecting he'd be let go by the cheap bastard that is Mike Ashley.

On a side note, San Lorenzo's chanting is brilliant so I have no issues with them - that catchy tune gets me every time.

• 3 weeks later...