Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

What makes me laugh is that we all know for a fact that should we somehow manage to stay up - things will go right back to where they were and we'll carry on being ignored.

Personally the club can go and swivel, don't ask for my help now when you've taken my support for granted for the last 7 years.

Give a personal guarantee that Ashley will leave in the summer and I may think about coming back and supporting the team.

Colin Murray is one of the only presenters who doesn't tow the national NUFC line. He also doesn't, so much, play the TS line of winding up listeners so they call in.

As far as they go...he's one of the good ones.

:thup: He's been superb all season.

Does anyone actually listen to Total Sport regularly by the way? What a shambles, makes me really angry :lol:

About 10 to 15 minutes of it every night on the drive home, most of which is taken up by the 6 o clock news and weather forecast!!

Does anyone actually listen to Total Sport regularly by the way? What a shambles, makes me really angry :lol:

About 10 to 15 minutes of it every night on the drive home, most of which is taken up by the 6 o clock news and weather forecast!!

I do. Mind I like being punched in the bollocks whilst wearing a gimp suit so go figure.

I do and I get on the show now and then.

I listen on a Monday on the way home from work for about 20 mins. Despite this relatively small sample of the weeks proceedings I always, without fail, manage to hear the presenter put a question to John Anderson that he has absolutely no idea how to answer.

I'm convinced his involvement with football is limited to watching our games. Keep an ear out for the question followed by an exhale of breath, a few seconds of silence and our hero to utter his favourite response....'it's an interesting one'.

Is it, John? If it's so interesting then why do you clearly know absolutely fuck all about it?

Im on the brink of just walking away from this altogether.  Been arguing all morning with people on facebook about whats happening.  ive almost messaged them back saying you have the club you deserve, enjoy the championship.

Dont upset ashley

he wont leave anyway

what will relegation achieve

This is what i do on weekends

I want my son to enjoy it (erm enjoy what?)

Protests haven't worked

Protestors can stamp their feet all they want

ffs

Its not nufc anymore.

Im on the brink of just walking away from this altogether.  Been arguing all morning with people on facebook about whats happening.  ive almost messaged them back saying you have the club you deserve, enjoy the championship.

Dont upset ashley

he wont leave anyway

Protests haven't worked

ffs

Its not nufc anymore.

This is why I seek solace in here, can't be bothered with the know-nowts and imbaciles that play into his hands time after time. My barber just said to me "your biggest mistake was getting rid of Pardew." "No our biggest mistake was not replacing him, this run of form isn't new it's just a little worse than Pardew would have done." People still genuinely haven't got a fucking clue.

Dont upset ashley

he wont leave anyway

Protests haven't worked

ffs

Its not nufc anymore.

Where has this attitude developed from? It seems like we have this complete new breed of plastic, delusional fan. Before the Ashley reign (and even in the first season and a half- see Allardyce protests, KK resignation etc.) this type of attitude never existed- in fact it was very much the opposite.

But now the support we have created somehow is just the most repulsive I have ever seen. Complete idiots who lap up every word of propaganda that the club spins, people who have an absolutely horrendous understanding of football (see their backing of Pardew)....it's like we have fully grown men who are supporting this club with the attitude of a (football) love-sick child; they can't and won't say a bad word about the club, no matter how disgraceful the clubs actions are.

Along with the way the club is run, this new generation of supporters have equally forced me to become totally disillusioned with Newcastle United. They're a disgrace to the traditions of NUFC.

It stems from the general predicament of a football fan really, the idea that we should support our club through thick and thin. This is easily corrupted and confused when confronted with a situation where a club doesn't try. There's really not much of a precedent for it.

Especially for those people who don't follow the detail of the running of the club, it can easily seem like we're just going through a bad patch that the fans should endure.

Ive listed all the awful things that Ashley has introduced and its still not registering.

Ive even asked them what is "your" final straw and never get an answer, i dont think they have.  They just say "keep things as it is and hope for a buyer".  YAY Lets give ashley an easy time.  Its like perhistoric peoples not wanting to anger the thunder gods.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont upset ashley

he wont leave anyway

Protests haven't worked

ffs

Its not nufc anymore.

Where has this attitude developed from? It seems like we have this complete new breed of plastic, delusional fan. Before the Ashley reign (and even in the first season and a half- see Allardyce protests, KK resignation etc.) this type of attitude never existed- in fact it was very much the opposite.

But now the support we have created somehow is just the most repulsive I have ever seen. Complete idiots who lap up every word of propaganda that the club spins, people who have an absolutely horrendous understanding of football (see their backing of Pardew)....it's like we have fully grown men who are supporting this club with the attitude of a (football) love-sick child; they can't and won't say a bad word about the club, no matter how disgraceful the clubs actions are.

Along with the way the club is run, this new generation of supporters have equally forced me to become totally disillusioned with Newcastle United. They're a disgrace to the traditions of NUFC.

I hate to use the phrase as it's dripping with irony but could they not be the first generation of glory hunters? A group of people who had the team been in the second division wouldn't have bothered but almost a lifetime of being in the premier league attracts people who just see it as a day out on the piss?

edit: either that or they're just genuinely thick as shite

f*** them. It's emotional blackmail. Absolutely nothing will change if our fanbase show they can be bought off by being told that "it's your club" and that they need us, despite the fact that all the available evidence points to it being anything but. It's not our club when they sell our best players, rename the stadium, allow loan sharks to sponsor the shirt, aim to get knocked out of competitions we'd all quite like to win. They didn't need our support when they disbanded the singing section and turned the stadium into a morgue, or when they decided to charge fans £15 for membership.

If anything the way the club has conducted itself the past couple of days has strengthened my resolve. I owe this basket case of a football team absolutely nothing. I've thrown good money after bad following Mike Ashley's Newcastle United around the country. If they go down it's not because of me, or the other 52,000 idiots that turn up week in week out. It's because of the owner, the board, the manager and the players.

It's their mess, why the f*** should I feel some sort of obligation to at least try to bail them out?

Spot on. :thup:

problem is - supporting the squad = supporting Ashley = nothing will change

People get themselves entrenched in Facebook "banter" pages and can't bear to admit they're not happy with the club because that would mean losing face against mackems on the internet they've never met.

Guest reefatoon

I do. Mind I like being punched in the bollocks whilst wearing a gimp suit so go figure.

I normally sit in the car for a few hours and listen to it, tends to get me away from the wife.