Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Colo and MYM advocated again. Quality.

Well if you're allowed to constantly decry it then surely other people are allowed to constantly suggest it?

They are. I'd just like to think that type of stupidity exists outside of our fanbase.

Have people forgotten that we were playing the best team in the country with the best attacking options yesterday?

That maybe so but the errors for both goals were schoolboy stuff and can easily happen against other teams and probably will.

And have, time after time after time last season.

Have people forgotten that we were playing the best team in the country with the best attacking options yesterday?

That maybe so but the errors for both goals were schoolboy stuff and can easily happen against other teams and probably will.

Of course, every team has a fresh Aguero to bring on as a sub

What did 'a fresh Aguero' have to do with Coloccini's ludicrous starting position?

Problem is, people have forgotten what a good CB actually is. They stop goals happening first and look good on the ball second.

Unbelievable how people can defend a defence which has conceded over 100 goals the last two seasons.

None of the starters apart from Janmaat ( I reserve judgment for now)  have proven consistently they are not good enough.

It's not going to magically change.

I'm not sure the positioning for the first goal was that bad, it was natural to assume that Dzeko couldn't get the ball back across goal. The backheel was superb.

Of course it was man, you can't have two CBs being dragged to the ball it's schoolboy stuff.

What did 'a fresh Aguero' have to do with Coloccini's ludicrous starting position?

Problem is, people have forgotten what a good CB actually is. They stop goals happening first and look good on the ball second.

Positioning? He was with him. Why not blame Aarons for waiting on the ball at the halfway line?

I agree with some of the Colo criticism. He seems to have obtained a free pass from a lot of people but personally I think his football has been consistently costly for us over the past year. At times he was excellent against City but he's almost becoming Bramble-esque. I don't know if that's a little too harsh on the lad yet I still find it hard to accept keeping someone captain when they've made it so clear they want to leave at certain stages.

I suppose we lack obvious candidates for a replacement though.

I thought the positioning for the first goal was horrible personally, he needed to trust Williamson.

One of his problems is he doesn't seem to trust anyone around him. He's always covering the left back or his CB partner, but that's also what makes him good. He did a lot of good work yesterday as well as being involved in the goals conceded. Fact is though, because we spend so much time in our own half we are always going to concede goals as the defence is always under pressure.

His starting position was good, he then made Aguero go onto his weak foot and go near post, as Aguero was looking to go onto his right, he got beaten for pace, but it's Aguero, he's one of the fastest players in the league. Krul then parried the ball straight back to Aguero, and Williamson and Jaanmat was no where in sight.

Guest firetotheworks

His starting position was good, he then made Aguero go onto his weak foot and go near post, as Aguero was looking to go onto his right, he got beaten for pace, but it's Aguero, he's one of the fastest players in the league. Krul then parried the ball straight back to Aguero, and Williamson and Jaanmat was no where in sight.

His starting position was neither here nor there, I wouldn't call it correct, yet alone good.

One of the reasons the team sit so deep is the fact the CBs simply cannot handle balls over the top or being isolated in one-on-one situations.

Your mate Souness described Colo's performance as 'solid'

One of the reasons the team sit so deep is the fact the CBs simply cannot handle balls over the top or being isolated in one-on-one situations.

What a reference :lol:  What did Kinnear say?

What a reference :lol:  What did Kinnear say?

Souness is an excellent pundit