Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Roger Kint

It is absolutely desperate. The fact it has come to this. Four games into the season and the club is absolutely begging for mercy from the fans.

I wouldnt care but the fans got the blame for backing them against Palace :lol:

he's the club captain, and it shouldnt have taken some dutch kid who's been here 2 minutes to lead the post match appreciation of the fans. Or did he take the anti-pardew abuse too personally.

Aye - does not exactly lead by example. No doubt told to do this.

He's had it tough now for a long time now Colo, love the guy to bits but his day is numbered just as much as Pardew. Mbiwa should have took his place in the side and he's probably fortunate to be still captain in the fact we haven't any other stand out contenders. His performances have been way below par and his leadership is non-existent.

His off field worries with family/friends hasn't helped his cause in the slightest but it certainly seems with the club as high pressured as it currently is, it's all too much for him. I don't think he's finished as a footballer, but he can't carry on the way he's going at this football club.

TBF more leadership in that statement than he has publicly shown in a long time. Shame it all seems to be coming when the regime he is so comfortable in is under threat.

Club captain should be making this kind of comment to be honest . Don't have a problem with the statement. Have a problem with the fact he is is only just showing a visible leadership role now. I'm sure like people say he is great in the dressing room and on the training field with younger players but he has been as gash on the pitch as anyone this year and the end of last.

To be fair he said get behind the players, didn't say anything about getting behind the management.

And we should be getting behind the players really. I know we were crap on Saturday, but when we sang "we're shit and we know we are" at the weekend you can see it hurt the players.

To be fair he said get behind the players, didn't say anything about getting behind the management.

And we should be getting behind the players really. I know we were crap on Saturday, but when we sang "we're s*** and we know we are" at the weekend you can see it hurt the players.

Response to line 1: It's a blatantly poor attempt to do this "support the team" BS to deflect the absolute shit storm that is going to be Saturday

Response to line 2: The last time it was this bad, we beat Cardiff - all of the anger is being directed at the shit manager. You know the shit manager who makes former internationals or ones trying to get into the team either lose their places or lose all of their form/quality they displayed prior.

The "team" needs him out as much as we do for their own reasons - for them, their careers.

He's had it tough now for a long time now Colo, love the guy to bits but his day is numbered just as much as Pardew. Mbiwa should have took his place in the side and he's probably fortunate to be still captain in the fact we haven't any other stand out contenders. His performances have been way below par and his leadership is non-existent.

His off field worries with family/friends hasn't helped his cause in the slightest but it certainly seems with the club as high pressured as it currently is, it's all too much for him. I don't think he's finished as a footballer, but he can't carry on the way he's going at this football club.

Spot on.

He's fell out with Pardew several times so I'm certain that he isn't a fan of that charlatan's either!

His leadership was the exact same when we finished 5th as in that he's not an in-your-bracket screamer so it seems harsh how he's now getting vilified for basically being as he always has been.

Sad to see the abuse he's getting as he's been a great servant for us.

He hasn't issued a statement though has he? It's just his regular captains column in the matchday magazine.

As regards being a screamer and shouter, he was giving Krul pelters against Palace along with the ref and linesman and also used to give Simpson pelters as well.

Colo had a huge falling out with Pardew a couple of years ago, I'm sure deep down he hates the cunt.

He's captain, he'd be expected to present the club viewpoint officially even if he thinks Pardew is a twat. As someone mentioned already, he still didn't offer any support to Pardew.

As regards being a screamer and shouter, he was giving Krul pelters against Palace along with the ref and linesman and also used to give Simpson pelters as well.

He's always had the ability to have words with players but in terms of rallying or organising the side on the pitch as a captain should do, he's fallen way short in times of trouble. As a captain and main centre back of the side, i still can't believe he allowed Anita to mark the Palace player at the back post isolated in the dying minutes. It was clear for all to see what was going to happen. He was majorly at fault for that goal imo due to his lack of leadership and organisation, just switched off.

He's always had the ability to have words with players but in terms of rallying or organising the side on the pitch as a captain should do, he's fallen way short in times of trouble. As a captain and main centre back of the side, i still can't believe he allowed Anita to mark the Palace player at the back post isolated in the dying minutes. It was clear for all to see what was going to happen. He was majorly at fault for that goal imo due to his lack of leadership and organisation, just switched off.

The thing that's confused me about you is that Pardew is exactly the same bloke he was a year ago.

Colo had a huge falling out with Pardew a couple of years ago, I'm sure deep down he hates the cunt.

He's captain, he'd be expected to present the club viewpoint officially even if he thinks Pardew is a twat. As someone mentioned already, he still didn't offer any support to Pardew.

He's also expected to lead the team and set an example on the playing side of things. He does neither.