Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Fucking disaster. He's had a couple of strains since that back injury,  that'll be the cause of them imo. Still optimistic he has a chance of not missing too many games like, will just have to wait and see before panic stations.

Idiots not buying a CB. Total IDIOTS.

Try not to pin that on Pardew, OK?

I'm sure Pardew knew we needed one.

No look further than the Fat Controller and Mr Burns for this one.

Roll the dice... ah f**k we got relegated. Two years on and roll it again and ah f**k we have no CB.

Its not a game of craps you mongs.

Who would you pick, Aidy 'Mapps' Mariappa or Perch on current form?

Not fussed we lost out of that deal in the slightest.

Perch is playing well but he is no CB. Him and Willo together scare the crap out of me, to be honest.

After Collo, any combination with Willo scares me. Whether we brought someone like Mariappa in or not.

Oh, and to anyone putting Bassongs name in the hat. Players available to loan do not go to clubs to sit on the bench just in case we get an injury like this, totally unrealistic.

He wouldn't have been on the bench.... it would have been Colo-Bassong with Willo on the bench.

Guest sicko2ndbest

In the plus side Perch has more confidence now than at any other time during his tenure

Need to get behind the lad

Guest WashyGeordie

In the plus side Perch has more confidence now than at any other time during his tenure

It's Williamson who worries me now anyway.

Very true and def great point to be made.

Abs criminal the state of affairs that is our bench. Terrible man.

I really don't understand why he didn't come off straight away. Santon was ready to come on, the commentators said Coloccini asked the bench how long until half time and when told 5 minutes he indicated he couldn't last that long.

I assume Pards thought Colo tends to power through injuries and they go away usually normally and thought Colo might be wrong that he needed to go off.

I really don't understand why he didn't come off straight away. Santon was ready to come on, the commentators said Coloccini asked the bench how long until half time and when told 5 minutes he indicated he couldn't last that long.

The thing is despite holding the back of his leg a couple of times he seemed to be moving completely fine. I assume the bench/Pards were hoping to get him to half time and see if they could do something to sort him out.

Completely different level (obviously) but I was asked to play up front after I fucked up my ankle ligaments, we even had subs on the bench who could have come on :lol:

Losing Coloccini (especially at this point of the season) is a massive, massive blow. Fuck's sake.

Fingers crossed that he'll be back sooner than expected. In the meantime, like some people have said, Tiote's presence could help us to cope with Colo's absence. Hopefully Cheik will be back next week.

Big blow but a couple of games isn't too bad and the guy can't be expected to play like a machine for the entire season. Hopefully the return of Tiote and the better form of Perch will help. But our CBs are going to be looking awful for a couple of weeks.

Big blow but a couple of games isn't too bad and the guy can't be expected to play like a machine for the entire season 4 seasons. Hopefully the return of Tiote and the better form of Perch will help. But our CBs are going to be looking awful for a couple of weeks.

fyp  :aww:

United Hamstrung By Colo Knock

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Alan Pardew fears Newcastle United captain Fabricio Coloccini could miss up to four matches with a hamstring injury sustained during Sunday's 3-1 win at West Bromwich Albion.

However, the boss allayed concerns over the fitness of two-goal hero Papiss Cisse, who was stretchered off in the closing stages at the Hawthorns.

Coloccini was replaced at half-time by Davide Santon, having sustained the knock during the first period as the Magpies racked up a three-goal lead.

And Pardew told nufcTV that the inspirational centre-half looks certain to miss next weekend's clash against Liverpool, and potentially more games on top.

"We lost Coloccini today and we might lose him for three or four games, so it could be difficult without him," said the manager.

"But the players' attitude all year has been immense, and I thought in particular James Perch was absolutely outstanding.

"Papiss had cramp, so there's no problem there.

"But Coloccini is a hamsting, so we will have to cross our fingers and hope that he's going to be okay for the run-in.

"He's certainly not going to make next week (against Liverpool) - I'm 100 per cent sure of that."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120325/united-hamstrung-by-colo-knock_2281670_2692612?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter