Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Looking at Red Cafe, where the members choose their TOTY from this season, Colo is selected in most teams.

Love him, such a classy footballer and pro. Absolutely delighted over him signing a new long term deal.

Guest SeanNjitap

He has to be the most technically gifted centre backs I've ever seen play in the premier league. Never rushes the ball from back to front. He leads the team by example as he never gets into altercations and what not like the fool down the road does. I still think he's our best player and most important player. A defender of his quality is something Newcastle hasn't seen since Woodgates half season. It's about time he gets the recognition he deserves and gets another chance at International football. Too good not to.  :)

Guest ThievingMagpie

Colo is the best centerback we've had for a while and if he stays til his contract is up I reckon he'll be not only a legend but a true pillar in the history of the club.

Guest WashyGeordie

Can you just imagine how long his song will go on for at his testimonial

We need Shola's first.  :harry:

Shola's testimonial would be amazing. Against Sunderland of course, Sammy and Tomi start upfront with Shola on the bench (his hip will have finally exploded by this point). Sunderland 2-1 up until we are awarded a very soft penalty late on. Camera pans to Shola who smiles, gets up off the bench and comes on for Sammy to a standing ovation from the 15,000 present (most of whom are Ameobi descendants). Ba takes the penalty and misses.

Man. He needs to stay here until 2018, 36 years old for a testamonial. Quite sad that I'm looking that far ahead and praying for it to happen. :lol:

If Shola is still here in 2018 I will happily go along to his testimonial. Reckon he would get a decent line up along as well - I bet he has a lot of friends in football.