Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I think it'll be brushed under the carpet tbh.

One thing which is significant is that Colo stayed quiet, and even put out a tentative disclaimer through his agent early on in this fiasco. While it's pretty obvious he would have preferred to go back, he's covered his back if it fell through.

Hopefully this is the end of it for January, with a bit of luck San Lorenzo will go bankrupt in the next four months.

Still want to hear from Colo on this, this whole episode has been extremely suspect. If he really just has been trying to force a move home then he's let himself down badly IMO, especially if he's tried to feign some family problems in an attempt to get out.

I really really hope this isn't the case because i will lose a lot of respect for him and i want to love him :(

It all seems a bit of a mess and if he continues acting like a professional on the pitch I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was any deceit involved. He hasn't handed in a formal transfer request has he? He's not gone public moaning to the press, and it's perfectly possible that there was some family problem tangled up in it. (His dad sounds like a right family problem)

He may yet go, I won't be happy till window shuts. I have lost respect for him, I thought he'd retire here tbh, he'll go now in the summer quietly and at least not leaving in quite so much in the lurch.

Guest neesy111

How are the rules in such circumstances? Can we refuse to pay him whilst still hold his registration?

Yes if he walks out on the club.  Until he can buy out his contact under FIFA rules at some point.

Hope this is bollocks but this is what i feared when there was no statement from the club after the san lorenzo statement.

So they failed to get him for themselves so he just quits anyway. :( hope it's not true.

We won't let him go so he'll just leave instead? Something doesn't add up here. It's concerning.

Even if he stays, our relationship with him is damaged.

If he doesn't want to play whatever the reason then he has to be taken out of the side. We need everyone pulling in the same direction

The 10th January reference shows an inside track! Still, we all have problems now and then. Hopefully the club is asking him to stay till May if there are serious problems, if he can't do that he's wrong.