Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Sorry but I'm just not buying this personal stuff now, he wouldn't still be here offs.  Its all about moving to SL, funny how the moment they 'give up' on him he's suddenly just going to quit.

Nah, fuckin stinks of engineering a move.

It'll be Mbiwa and Taylor as first choice, I thought it was a bit suspect that we had Mbiwa to play alongside Coloccini when neither are particularly tall. Pardew loves height.

More suspect that we were willing to give MYM a reported 60k a week.

Guest neesy111

If the problems were deadly serious i.e. health, then he should had got on the 1st plane back to Argentina.  Football and Money become secondary.

not jumping in and judging on this, one thing i will say though is if i was a professional footballer in the top league who needed to leave and go home for deeply personal reasons there isn't an owner in the entire division, indeed perhaps the world, i could think would be worse to deal with than mike ashley

Needless dig iyam.

Ashley has many failings but none of this points to poor old Colo. Not with his father and that cuntish team demanding we allow him to join them. If there was something seriously wrong I'm sure the last thing on his mind would be football.

howld on, from what i can see noone knows anything from either side...so if we're making assumptions mine is going to be on the negative to towards ashley based on previous

i might have missed some shit, i'm aware, but i've never seen any hard facts about the reason colo wants to leave and/or discussions that have taken place so if i've missed something please fill me in

I'm sorry but there's no chance he'd do this if there wasn't a good reason. I just can't believe he's suddenly decided out of the blue he doesn't want to play another game, right in the middle of the season. Something clearly going on, the silence just makes me think it's something the club doesn't want to come out, like he's fallen out with Pardew. If the wife thing was true, why not come out and say it?

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

On Coloccini. Suspect #nufc have been taken a little by surprise by report he's quit football due to their refusal to terminate his contract

eh, what?!  He's packing in football altogether?!

Yeah. Until he signs for San Lorenzo.

Very very strange situation  :(

I guess we'll not have long to wait to find out though (if the press thing goes ahead)

It really is very disappointing indeed if true.

Just seems SO out of character, I can't quite believe it (for that reason)

This isn't going to end well for anyone (club or Colo)

Shame :sad:

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

On Coloccini. Suspect #nufc have been taken a little by surprise by report he's quit football due to their refusal to terminate his contract

eh, what?!  He's packing in football altogether?!

Yeah. Until he signs for San Lorenzo.

And they are docked all their points for fielding a player that isn't theirs.

Should be fun all this. Warm up to Falklands mkII.

Wtf? I finally take some time to paint my walls (not sure if paint is the correct word like) as this loco window has taken up most of my time and now this? Didn't expect this.

Refuse to say too much about Colo until we know the reasons, there better fucking be a good one considering how poorly he has handled this, or more like going quiet about it. Worst timing ever.

Hopefully we'll know soon. Get Douglas/Sakho in (doubt we'll bring one in :(. )

And why the hell would you care about my walls :lol:

It doesnt stack up. Why would a highly paid captain of an English premier league team who has been a model professional since he joined all of a sudden decide "sod 'em". Theres something more to this.

Very much so. He's so determined to leave and it has to be right now - it's something he's willing to destroy his reputation for and effectively end his career. It makes no sense at all.

It doesnt stack up. Why would a highly paid captain of an English premier league team who has been a model professional since he joined all of a sudden decide "sod 'em". Theres something more to this.

Cantona did something similar didn't he out of the blue at a similar age? Granted the timing of this is off.