Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

He's more than welcome to quit football.

We'll hold onto his nice shiny player registration though :aww:

how do player registrations work? he wouldn't be able to join another team until legal stuff was sorted?

I would geuss until his contract would have ended with us, that or buy himself out of it

must be family related, whatever it may be...family or health, literally no other reasonable explanation

I'm starting to question that tbh.

ok how so?  what are the other options in this scenario?  he wants to leave to go to another club for less money for homesickness perhaps (lived outside of argentine most of adult life btw)?  ok, maybe he's the first footballer in history in history to want that but it's unlikely...once you skip that step what's left?

Not sure but i think there's more to it than that, the ill wife talk has died down quite a lot in last couple of weeks i don't think that's the sole reason if the reason at all.

You not think if its was a club or manager dispute he would just seek a regular move? Clubs would line up for him, but he only wants to go to one and for reasons unknown.

Fallout with manager seems the only situation I can think of, but that doesn't excuse it in the slightest. Completely unprofessional.

What if turns out that Pardew shat in Coloccini's hair spray?

Would be bang out of order from Pardew, if it's true then it changes everything.

not jumping in and judging on this, one thing i will say though is if i was a professional footballer in the top league who needed to leave and go home for deeply personal reasons there isn't an owner in the entire division, indeed perhaps the world, i could think would be worse to deal with than mike ashley

That's may well be true - Ashley would certainly be the type to play hardball. But in this case I don't think it's the least bit unreasonable to allow him to go but hold onto his registration until his contract expires. There's also a case for "fining" him for not fulfilling his contract (ie not paying his wages) on top of holding onto his registration.

In these days of player power, though, you can be sure the likes of FIFA and FIFPro will be lining up to support the case of poor, unfortunate (Not-So-)Fab(-Anymore). You'd like to think that Ashley would be holding the higher cards, and as you say, he is least likely to fold. I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

Think he hasn't got a leg to stand on. If he wants to retire so be it, but he doesn't play or earn from football again. Anything else is a total breach of contract, something FIFA will certainly not side with the player on, it'll open a huge can of worms, they'd rather keep everything the same.

Chelsea sued mutu for £9m for failing a drugs tests, and won, colo decides he wants to walk out of the club under contract and play for someone else then the outcome is simple, it's going to cost him either now or later through the courts.

This is odd.

Coloccini stayed with us when we were relegated, odd that he'd want to leave to go to San Lorenzo just because we're doing badly when they themselves are doing just as badly and as likely, if not more likely, to be relegated themselves. So I don't believe that he wants to leave because of our league position.

If he wants to leave because someone's ill, fine, leave and have some unpaid time off. Sort yourself out and come back, if possible.

But if he just wants to leave, and there's no genuinely acceptable reason, then he can frankly get lost. If he walks out, Tevez his ass and fine him for every moment that he misses training or each game he's not available for. Do this every single week and hang onto his registration for the next 3.5 years or whatever's left.

The problem here is the lack of concrete information. I don't know whether to sympathise with him or think he's a fucking cunt.

No way would we bring in another centre half from outside the Premiership. Two new centre halves is asking for trouble. If Douglas is still out of contract in the summer (was he ever?) can see that happening maybe.

I don't particularly care where we get one from, he needs to be replaced with quality though.

There's no way back for him now though. He's upset too many fans who feel betrayed, so there'd be a whole load of people on his back every home match. How can he work his way back from that now even if he wanted to?

must be family related, whatever it may be...family or health, literally no other reasonable explanation

I'm starting to question that tbh.

ok how so?  what are the other options in this scenario?  he wants to leave to go to another club for less money for homesickness perhaps (lived outside of argentine most of adult life btw)?  ok, maybe he's the first footballer in history in history to want that but it's unlikely...once you skip that step what's left?

Not sure but i think there's more to it than that, the ill wife talk has died down quite a lot in last couple of weeks i don't think that's the sole reason if the reason at all.

That's true actually. That is the bit I don't understand, if his wife is ill (and she might well be) then the San Lorenzo tapping up is as disgusting as it is gratuitous if it's predicated on the back of that information.

There's no way back for him now though. He's upset too many fans who feel betrayed, so there'd be a whole load of people on his back every home match. How can he work his way back from that now even if he wanted to?

Score the winner next week?

The story could also be utter bollocks

As other have pointed out it the same journo who broke the original story.

I know and he got that scoop but this could be total 2+2 = 10

Quitting football at 31, personal prpblems.. NON of this makes ANY sense AT ALL