Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

How is there a lack of information? The guy has personal problems and he wants to leave. Why should you be privy to the exact nature of his problems? Do you expect that you or anyone else will be able to solve them for him if you were to know of its exact nature?

I did say we don't need all the details but anyway...

A very simple statement from Colo would end all the rumours, many of which certainly wouldn't be helping him or his family if his wife is indeed ill. He'll know about all the negative stories that are going round and he could stop all of them with a few lines on the website.

Suppose it'll all come out eventually one way or the other.

If he goes I will be quite happy to go on what the club has to say about it. It may for example speak in terms of praise and understanding which would make me think he has legitimate private reasons to leave. It may say very little other than confirming his departure. In that case I think we can draw inferences from the relative silence.

His time here has given no suggestion that he would act without the utmost professionalism. That alone buys him the benefit of the doubt until the situation has been resolved one way or the other. 

If he goes I will be quite happy to go on what the club has to say about it. It may for example speak in terms of praise and understanding which would make me think he has legitimate private reasons to leave. It may say very little other than confirming his departure. In that case I think we can draw inferences from the relative silence.

His time here has given no suggestion that he would act without the utmost professionalism. That alone buys him the benefit of the doubt until the situation has been resolved one way or the other.

:thup:

Knowing Colo, he probably made his request in quite a sensible and low-key way. The timing was bad etc, but it probably was made to be more sensational that it actually was.

Agreed, didn't help his Dad went into overdrive (as did the press unsurprisingly, ready to play the 'chaos at NUFC' card).

Knowing Colo, he probably made his request in quite a sensible and low-key way. The timing was bad etc, but it probably was made to be more sensational that it actually was.

Agreed, didn't help his Dad went into overdrive (as did the press unsurprisingly, ready to play the 'chaos at NUFC' card).

As I said a few pages ago; had his dad kept his gob shut or the press didn't go into overdrive, you'd probably have never heard about this until its resolution (and probably never if he chose to stay). I do believe Colo wanted it to be kept low key.

Anyway:

Debuchy  Coloccini  Mapou  Santon

Top drawer.