Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Will be sad to see him eventually go, but we signed a great centre back in the January window, just need another one to compete with Taylor. If Mbiwa keeps up his performances, I don't think Coloccini will be as big of a miss as he would have been.

Dunno why, but I'd walk Colo back into our lineup as captain. Maybe I've buried my head in the sand with everything that's gone on with him, but I love him. He will probably be my favourite centre back I've ever seen play for us.

My exact thoughts.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Well we still don't know what his problems are (or do we?), I wouldn't slam him so bad without knowing for certain what's going on. Say his wife is actually really ill or something as bad, it'd seem obvious and natural to me that he's there and not at a Europa League game, no matter how big is for us.

Don't see anything wrong with that tbh.

We're paying him more in a week than most people on here earn in a year. I thought he was getting a week back in Argentina? It's been 2 now and he's still out there chanting away with the Pope's boys. Why isn't he back here doing his highly paid job ie training and recouperating through injury and being club captain?

Can see both sides of the argument. He's injured, on a sympathy break (presumably hoping he'll decide to come back) and following the team he supports. On the other hand he's our club captain and nowhere to be seen in these parts when shit like the Europa League and Haidara injury are going down. Not a particularly good example to set.

:undecided:

Don't see anything wrong with that tbh.

Could be supporting his team mates/the club that pay his wages given where we are in the league and what we are doing in Europe but instead he is watching the club who blatantly tapped him up and tried to guilt trip us into releasing him on a free.

I can see why some are pissed off.

Can see both sides of the argument. He's injured, on a sympathy break (presumably hoping he'll decide to come back) and following the team he supports. On the other hand he's our club captain and nowhere to be seen in these parts when shit like the Europa League and Haidara injury are going down. Not a particularly good example to set.

:undecided:

This is the first time I've fallen in the 2nd camp. It's taking the piss, you've got to remember just how much he's being paid IMO.

Can't see the problem,  he has gone back home to recover from his injury, with NUFC's blessing as all he can do is rest and wait for his injury to heal and he has went to support his boyhood football team.

I am sure West Ham fans wouldn't kick off if Andy Carroll went to SJP to watch us play.

If he's been allowed to go home for a bit then he can do whatever he wants whilst he's there. I'd obviously be pissed off if he was staying there against our wishes but that seemingly isn't the case. He's only doing what Hatem does when he's injured.

Whilst I don't see a great deal wrong with the incident in isolation - the whole thing reeks of bullshit and I never thought he was over there recuperating from injury anyway.

As others have said, I can see both sides of the argument. The timing is pretty awful, given the situation with his own club at the moment.

Sad how it's ending this way.