Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

The only choice, really. Will be interesting to see whether this has any impact on Enrique's mindset.

Making Coloccini captain doesn't put us in the Champions League next season so I'd say no.

Obviously, but at the same time, with them being amigos, Enrique might feel obligated to help him.

Chuffed to bits at this. Such a class act, I can stomach Jose leaving out of resignation to the fact that he wants to go as long as we don't lose Jonas and Colo as well.

Could imagine Jose leaving and the other 2 leaving days after now. :lol:

Nah, great appointment, and hope it can help us in keeping him past his current contract. We've been so lucky to get ourselves such a classy defender the past couple of years, and long may he continue.

He is world class IMO. So, so underrated which suits me fine.

Edit - outside of Newcastle that is...

Guest tyzer

I remember coming out of villa park the day we were relegated. a villa fan came upto to me and wished us good luck for the following season. he said we need big changes and i remember saying back to him that the 1st thing we need to do is get rid of coloccini and that he was a joke of a footballer. how times change. now one of my favourite defenders that we have ever had.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9118207.Pardew_to_delay_naming_new_Newcastle_captain/

“I have ideas, but I will probably pick it with a week to go,” said Pardew, who must also identify a new custodian of Newcastle’s iconic number nine shirt. “We will see how pre-season unfolds and see how the squad assembles itself, how it looks and what shape it is in.

“I will then take a view from there because it is an important role, and a few players could wear the armband during the pre-season friendlies.”

Or not. :laugh:

Moar lies!! :troll:

Great new, good luck Colo. Proud to have you as a damned fine curly locked captain. :clap2:

Ideal decision for me, remember hearing how chuffed he was to captain the side against Depor in a pre-season game. Clearly is now passionate about the club and hopefully can inspire the team upwards and onwards!

The only choice, really. Will be interesting to see whether this has any impact on Enrique's mindset.

Making Coloccini captain doesn't put us in the Champions League next season so I'd say no.

Obviously, but at the same time, with them being amigos, Enrique might feel obligated to help him.

Maybe they should offer the role of vice-captain to Enrique and see if it makes a difference (doubt it will though).

Guest teepee

the right choice, but more of less the only option too

barton is a nutter and will leave

taylor has been in and out of the team

harper probably wont be first choice this season

and that's it.....

and that's it.....

Shola.

and that's it.....

Shola.

See Harper...

and that's it.....

Shola.

Shouldn't be anywhere near our first team never mind be captain.