Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Great choice, or the only choice?

:mystery:

He seems a quiet sort of bloke and not strikingly captain material. However, he is pretty sure to be a first-team regular, and the only other viable candidate is Tiote, who seems to be even quieter.

Great choice, or the only choice?

:mystery:

He seems a quiet sort of bloke and not strikingly captain material. However, he is pretty sure to be a first-team regular, and the only other viable candidate is Tiote, who seems to be even quieter.

Inexperienced, and picks up too many cards to be captain, in my opinion.

As others have mentioned, I'd love to know how Enrique feels about this. We're not magically in the Champions League, but if one of his best friends at the club is made captain, it's bound to make him happier. And that also means Colo isn't going yet  :celb:

Seriously, this is a great decision.

The choice of captain might convince Enrique to stay.

My thinking as well.

Great choice in my john humble.

Guys, is there any connections between previous named captain and their departures? *conspiracy theory*

The choice of captain might convince Enrique to stay.

My thinking as well.

Great choice in my john humble.

Guys, is there any connections between previous named captain and their departures? *conspiracy theory*

Nope. Alan Smith is still here :(

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9118207.Pardew_to_delay_naming_new_Newcastle_captain/

“I have ideas, but I will probably pick it with a week to go,” said Pardew, who must also identify a new custodian of Newcastle’s iconic number nine shirt. “We will see how pre-season unfolds and see how the squad assembles itself, how it looks and what shape it is in.

“I will then take a view from there because it is an important role, and a few players could wear the armband during the pre-season friendlies.”

Or not. :laugh:

Someone should make a list of Pardisms...................

He's only stating the obvious, you're both not that thick to realise are you?