Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Well deserved. Not a leader like Nolan but will lead by example.

:thup: Feel that while he won't rally the troops like Nolan, he'll give a completely different leadership in his calming influence. Besides, as long as Barton's not in the business of rocking the boat of his in-a-year-ex employers, he can still give that rallying influence, along with another wise old head in Harper. Feel we've got the bases covered right now in leadership, and this captaincy looks to be a great fit for where we are right now.

Well deserved. Not a leader like Nolan but will lead by example.

:thup: Feel that while he won't rally the troops like Nolan, he'll give a completely different leadership in his calming influence. Besides, as long as Barton's not in the business of rocking the boat of his in-a-year-ex employers, he can still give that rallying influence, along with another wise old head in Harper. Feel we've got the bases covered right now in leadership, and this captaincy looks to be a great fit for where we are right now.

Totally agree there.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

I'm happy for Colo and it's probably the correct decision given my precarious contract situation, gives stability. I'll be a leader without

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

an armband and I'll be there for Colo as well as all the lads regardless, selfishly it let's me concentrate on playing well every week #NUFC

39 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Guest Howaythetoon

Excellent decision and good news. Colo has come a long way from his disaster of a first season. He's perfect for the role or should be.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way of all the players at Newcastle, I like him the best both as a player and as a person. He seems like a good guy and has proved himself to be a top player for us, arguably our best.

I'm happy for Colo and it's probably the correct decision given my precarious contract situation, gives stability. I'll be a leader without

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

an armband and I'll be there for Colo as well as all the lads regardless, selfishly it let's me concentrate on playing well every week #NUFC

39 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:thup:

By the way of all the players at Newcastle, I like him the best both as a player and as a person. He seems like a good guy and has proved himself to be a top player for us, arguably our best.

:thup:

I think someone posted a comment about a talk in with Nolan mentioning him as the best trainer.

Guest BooBoo

Really pleased for him. He's come a long way since that rocky first season.

I thought he'd be one of the first out of the door when we got relegated but since day one in the Championship, he's been colossal. Good defender, good attitude.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Arguably the best ball playing CB in the league.

Nout on Wes Brown like

I've got a Mackem mate who seriously believes John Mensah is one of the best in the world. Problem is, he's "slightly injury prone".