Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I'm not neutral. I'm an NUFC fan who wants the very best for NUFC and expect the same from the players.

Yet you want Steven Taylor back in the heart of the defence  :scared:

Colo deserves no criticism for yesterday, was only his second game back from injury, he was calm and comfortable on the ball and kept Long quiet. He had a solid game throughout and should stay in for Swansea.

Thought he was shaky tonight and lucky for us we got away with it.

I would have Yanga back in for him against Swansea although I wouldn't have started Colo tonight.

If its true he's still looking to f*** off then I dont understand bringing him back in team while dropping yanga from the team and Tiote not being captain who were both doing great jobs

Eh?

Hate birds who put s*** like that on the internet, bit p*ssed off at Colo for getting involved in a lass like that. Supposed to be our captain, he should know better.

:lol: Some people probably do think like that.

I'm not neutral. I'm an NUFC fan who wants the very best for NUFC and expect the same from the players.

Yet you want Steven Taylor back in the heart of the defence

No, I want us to go out and buy a real CB we can partner MYM with.

I rate Yanga-Mbiwa higher at this point and are more concerned with his with his progress and happiness than Colo's. Still, he has been fine the last few matches. Not overly dominant or assured by any means, but only one goals allowed in each and he's helped cut out weak attacking sides and provided a platform for relative comfort.

I rate Yanga-Mbiwa higher at this point and are more concerned with his with his progress and happiness than Colo's. Still, he has been fine the last few matches. Not overly dominant or assured by any means, but only one goals allowed in each and he's helped cut out weak attacking sides and provided a platform for relative comfort.

If he sits out for an extended period, yes. As it is a rest to take it all in isn't a bad thing. Over a longer period of time it has to be Colo sacrificed over Mbiwa simply down to his age and wantaway status.

Wife spilling shit on twitter. Why? I really don't get that? Why would you want to reveal personal stuff like that to strangers on the internet. Like saying it to her friends etc fair enough but putting it on twitter when you know you're husband is a well known sports star around the world is crazy.

Surely puts into question playing Colo at the moment while this is all going on. Not sure how he can be fully focused on his football.

Newcastle braced for fresh Coloccini exit bid after 'frightened' wife posts emotional tweets aimed at defender

By COLIN YOUNG

PUBLISHED: 18:26, 2 December 2013 | UPDATED: 18:26, 2 December 2013

0 View

comments

Newcastle United look set to face another winter battle to hold on to captain Fabricio Coloccini after his wife posted a series of heartfelt messages on Twitter, revealing why she and the couple’s children have returned to Argentina.

Natalia Coloccini has sent a number of messages in Spanish, apparently aimed at her husband, indicating life in England turned sour for her and her family. She is believed to be in Argentina now.

Last year the Argentina defender rocked Newcastle with the news he wanted to return to South America for 'personal reasons’. But his attempt to re-join boyhood club San Lorenzo was blocked by manager Alan Pardew and owner Mike Ashley and Coloccini returned to Tyneside after a brief spell in Buenos Aires.

Wantaway? Newcastle United defender Fabricio Coloccini has rarely appeared settled on Tyneside

Wantaway? Newcastle United defender Fabricio Coloccini has rarely appeared settled on Tyneside

The 31-year-old central defender, who has just returned to the Newcastle first team after a short spell out with hamstring injury picked up on international duty last month, will again face questions about his Newcastle future after his wife opened her heart on Twitter.

Last week Coloccini told the Argentine media he would still like to return to the country, which was dismissed by Pardew as mischief-making.

And in a series of emotional tweets, which also feature photographs of the couple in happier times, she hints at the reasons behind her decision to leave England with their two children. Some of the tweets from Natalia Coloccini are aimed at her husband’s father Osvaldo, who works for San Lorenzo, but others appear to be directed at the player himself.

Key player: Centre back Fabricio Coloccini has become hugely influential at Newcastle since his 2008 arrival

Key player: Centre back Fabricio Coloccini has become hugely influential at Newcastle since his 2008 arrival

Making progress: But could uncertainty surrounding Fabricio Coloccini undermine Newcastle's form?

Making progress: But could uncertainty surrounding Fabricio Coloccini undermine Newcastle's form?

Blow? Manager Alan Pardew would hate to lose such an important player midway through the season

Blow? Manager Alan Pardew would hate to lose such an important player midway through the season

One of the tweets has been translated as saying: 'The heart always has a limit when the heart says enough there is no going back', while another one says: 'We ignored each other until we became strangers with shared memories.'

Her most recent tweet says: 'These are my wings, just have to fly, let go of things that no longer belong to you.

'My heart is hanging from your hands.'

Another says: 'I love him even though I know I have to forget him I’m frightened to think about life without him, so many years good or bad I cannot change them.'

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2516988/Fabricio-Coloccini-expected-attempt-Newcastle-exit-again.html#ixzz2mLN4oc3Y

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Leadership.

His relationships outside of the club don't impact what kind of leader he is on the field; at least in my opinion.

What did you make of Shearer as club captain, having booted Lennon in the head, or elbowed Materazzi and received a suspension in a crucial group game?

Did you say anything when Tiote was stand-in captain after he was done for driving without a licence and whatnot? (Genuine question, I don't know if you did).

The point is, he's been a really solid captain for us for a while. I agree with you to some extent that he's fading a bit with age/injury; and it's annoying that he wants to go home, but i am only annoyed because I love the guy and he's an NUFC hero in my opinion. You've got to admit, he's played pretty well through what is obviously a pretty rough patch in his personal life. If your argument is we should ship him because his personal life is in the way, I can see the merits of that opinion. As a comparison, I love my job, but if my girlfriend (not even my wife) moved back home to Germany, I'd have to seriously consider going with her.

When the club Captain is clear about wanting to leave then that will have some kind of impact on the squad, although I have never thought of Colo as a leader type Captain.

I would reckon the other players probably have some sympathy for his situation; I think if you are a normal person you probably can simultaneously think he's a knob for cocking up his marriage but still feel bad at the fact he's evidently unhappy about it.

It sucks that this is what's happening; ideally he just carries on being the Titan he has been for us. But life doesn't work that way. I also reckon the stuff in the argentine media is totally overblown. I don't think the way he's handled it has been that bad - put yourself in that exact situation, what would you do? Especially where other people leak something you want kept private.

When the club Captain is clear about wanting to leave then that will have some kind of impact on the squad, although I have never thought of Colo as a leader type Captain.

I doubt him wanting away will have any negative effect if his personal life is as bad as it seems to be, I'm sure the other players will understand.  I'm not sure I would like to be thousands of miles away from my family and he deserves loads of credit for sticking with us if things are as bad as they look.

I doubt him wanting away will have any negative effect if his personal life is as bad as it seems to be, I'm sure the other players will understand.  I'm not sure I would like to be thousands of miles away from my family and he deserves loads of credit for sticking with us if things are as bad as they look.

and his perfomances seem to bear this out.  :thup: