Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

He had a few good games, as a captain should. Same with Tiote, though he's a different animal because there's nowt more to be said about him. He is what he is: not my type of player and never will be.

He had a few good games, as a captain should. Same with Tiote, though he's a different animal because there's nowt more to be said about him. He is what he is: not my type of player and never will be.

Yup Tiote is such a limited player.

Only positive thing I can say about him is playing him as an anchor should allow us to play more forward thinking central midfielders

Tiote is nowhere near as bad as being made out. He's a DM who often has our best passing statistics like. He's fine

He passes the ball sideways and backwards having high pass completion doesn't mean much IMO.

Don't get me wrong his heart is in the right place but some of his decisions are baffling see his many long range efforts, or his preference to press high up the pitch leaving our defence unprotected

Tiote is nowhere near as bad as being made out. He's a DM who often has our best passing statistics like. He's fine

He passes the ball sideways and backwards having high pass completion doesn't mean much IMO.

Don't get me wrong his heart is in the right place but some of his decisions are baffling see his many long range efforts, or his preference to press high up the pitch leaving our defence unprotected

I don't think that is his preference...

Guest neesy111

Tiote and Anita have scored the sum total of 2 league goals for us.  That isn't good enough as a midfield pairing.

Tiote and Anita have scored the sum total of 2 league goals for us.  That isn't good enough as a midfield pairing.

I agree but Tiote isn't in anyway an attacking midfielder. It's tiote + creative. The season we finished 5th he and Cabs were so dominant in midfield

He takes enough shots.

Difference between taking pot shots from distance because there are no options and missing chances. Can't remember Tiote missing many if any chances for us.

Disagree with the no options part like.

Crowd yells shoot and he's happy to oblige

One thing I will say, Tiote was obviously very proud to wear the armband and gave the effort a captain should and more while he had it. f***ing stupid to take it off him.

:thup:

Guest fraser

Don't get this. Was clearly the best player on the park yesterday, got to everything first, his distribution was OK, made Shawcross look like the donkey that he is. Never stopped going forward as he understood the back three notion, while the other two had their deck-chairs out. Didn't like the lad when he first came but he is the least of our problems now.

One thing I will say, Tiote was obviously very proud to wear the armband and gave the effort a captain should and more while he had it. f***ing stupid to take it off him.

:thup:

Tiote is far more a leader on that pitch for me. Played like a man who felt honored to have the band and was not about to hide.

Guest firetotheworks

Nothing wrong with the type of player that Tiote is, bringing up a preference for the likes of Speed, Dyer and Lee is fair, but it would be fairer to mention Batty tbh. Tiote's alright when his sole responsibility is breaking things down. When anything more is expected of him I immediately lose my patience with him, but in the right circumstances he's a fine player imo.

Well done Colo lad! About time somebody ripped him apart in the dressing room, obvious that him and Ben Arfa had prevuious.

I even wonder whether the smug cnut takes it all on board and does do some self appraising... Nah, will he fukc!

Somebody please knock Pards' teeth out in a training fracas or similar! I really am starting to despise him, and after the rumours from the mirror it just makes it worse knowing the players must be thinking the same...

The season we finished 5th he and Cabs were so dominant in midfield

That's one of the most popular myths on here. We rarely controlled the midfield that season.

Often up against mlidfield 3's by themselves. They held their own and helped us use our two strikers well. Whenever they came up against a genuine 2-man midfield they put in very good performances.

As much as I like Tiote, I do hope Anita can one day anchor the midfield by himself.