Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Great defender in his day, and he seemed like a decent sort. Subsequent actions have proved what sort of person he is and he should have been jettisoned about 3 years ago. Lest we forget, he also had a pet rabbit FFS.

Adios Capitán Coward.

Wrecked what should have been a massive legacy at NUFC. Not sad to see him go, which isn't how this should have ended.

This. Well said.

It's a shame because we all remember how much he used to be loved.  To be fair, the club firing his best friend for having cancer probably played a part in his disillusionment.

His mate didn't get fired. His contract ended.

You'd probably be able to find a more appropriate captain by randomly selecting someone from your local supermarket. Decent defender a few years ago but heart the size of a pea. Now kindly fuck off with Taylor and let us rebuild the defence properly :thup:

Glad he's coming out with all this shit again.  Had a horrible feeling he'd end up staying.  Need him gone and just need to hope we don't offer Taylor a new deal.  Mbemba and Lascelles could develop into a decent partnership, for years to come.

Glad to see the back of him, should've happened a while ago.

He was crap when he first arrived, he was crap for the last couple of years, in the middle he was quite good for a bit. Never a captain in a million years and I'll not remember him very fondly.

He was terrific for most of the 5th placed season, but hit a sharp decline shortly after. As others have said, a horrendous decision to hand him a new contract, it's been pretty clear that his heart wasn't in it for whatever reason for the last couple of seasons. Now get him off the wage bill and get Lascelles established as first choice, he looks like he actually wants to be here and play for the club and fight for the cause.

Guest dabe

Good for half his time here (maybe slightly under half of the last 8 years tbh). The decline definitely hit after the 5th season, so 2012-13, but he's made over 250 appearances for Newcastle during a streaky and darkened stretch of the club's history.

Unfortunately his reputation will forever be tainted by his shenanigans off the pitch, whether it be the San Lorenzo stuff or his ostracising of Ben Arfa (supposedly the ringleader of that "effort").

Thanks...for leaving finally.

Same problem as last time though, he's under contract he probably won't leave without being paid off and the club can't San Lorenzo won't be willing to pay for him.

I reckon it'll be cancelled by mutual consent.

Absloutly pathetic player, he had a period were he was really good for us and then he just stopped wanting to put any effort in bar the odd game, what did that fucking thick cunt McClaren call him when he gave him a new deal? "My Best signing yet? "

Full quotes from the interview on this article from The Mag website:

Fabricio Coloccini speaking to San Lorenzo AM630:

“I want to return to Argentine football.

“It is a matter of talking about my departure, I have in mind to return right now.

“Priority is San Lorenzo because I am a fan and want to play there again.

“I like Pablo Guede (San Lorenzo Manager) as coach.

“I understand the fans and we must not delude people, but today there is more chance of returning.

“There is always the idea of returning and now I have heard that I could come back soon.

“I want to respect the people of Newcastle for everything they gave me.

“In 2013 was all very advanced with San Lorenzo but my exit clause was for clubs from Qatar, China, not from Argentina.

“My family wants to see me playing in San Lorenzo and that is my great dream, my son Thiago asks me when I will return to play at San Lorenzo.

“In 2001, I decided with my heart and went to San Lorenzo (on loan from AC Milan) despite the problems that had been at the club, I was always a fan of San Lorenzo.”

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/05/fabricio-coloccini-believes-close-agreeing-return-argentina-newcastle-united/#sthash.v7r31WPr.dpuf

As others have said.... See ya!  :morph:

“It is a matter of talking about my departure, I have in mind to return right now.

“I understand the fans and we must not delude people, but today there is more chance of returning.

“There is always the idea of returning and now I have heard that I could come back soon.

“In 2013 was all very advanced with San Lorenzo but my exit clause was for clubs from Qatar, China, not from Argentina.

“My family wants to see me playing in San Lorenzo and that is my great dream, my son Thiago asks me when I will return to play at San Lorenzo.

“In 2001, I decided with my heart and went to San Lorenzo (on loan from AC Milan) despite the problems that had been at the club, I was always a fan of San Lorenzo.”

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/05/fabricio-coloccini-believes-close-agreeing-return-argentina-newcastle-united/#sthash.v7r31WPr.dpuf

So he had an exit clause in his contract exclusively for clubs from Qatar and China? The money-grabbing fucker.

His previous outcry to escape to San Lorenzo (2013) is probably what is making him disliked now.  I don't think anybody has a problem with him leaving this time around.  Has had some good years and some bad years.

Thanks for the good years!  Adiós Colo!

Same problem as last time though, he's under contract he probably won't leave without being paid off and the club can't San Lorenzo won't be willing to pay for him.

Can't see us being thrilled having to go pay him out, and I can't see him going without a pay off honestly.

So he had an exit clause in his contract exclusively for clubs from Qatar and China? The money-grabbing f***er.

I think he means his exit clause was big so only clubs from China Qatar etc could afford it, not a club from Argentina.