Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I wish that he'd went a few years ago as he'd have left a cult hero but he gets loads of flak now! The club should have seen like we all did that his legs were going!

He remained when we went down and he was voted in the PFA player of the year team  in two different seasons (our only ever defender to feature in the top flight I believe!) and he also won the NEPOTY! His handwriting is also very neat too :-)

All the best, Colo!

I did mention June 30th further up mind.  Id hazard a guess that he'll have negotiated a £1m - £2m pay off as well to leave on a free.

I hope he doesn't get a single penny pay out of NUFC. He signed a new contract last Summer. If he wants to leave now and NUFC are happy for him to leave too he can leave on a free. NUFC charge no transfer fee and Colo claims no loyalty payment. That would be fair. Paying him to leave would be a joke.

Should have gone on to become a club legend, instead will be remembered for being a complete coward. Adios

He'd have been a 'money grabber' if he'd left at the peak of his powers in 2011/12 instead of signing the new deal, so he'd never have been that imo. Shame because he was very good for 2-3 years.

I did mention June 30th further up mind.  Id hazard a guess that he'll have negotiated a £1m - £2m pay off as well to leave on a free.

I hope he doesn't get a single penny pay off out of NUFC. He signed a new contract last Summer. If he wants to leave now and NUFC are happy for him to leave too he can leave on a free. NUFC charge no transfer fee and Colo claims no loyalty payment. That would be fair. Paying him to leave would be a joke.

I agree but maybe Rafa realises that his presence is more damaging than losing out on a couple of quid as in theory, Colo was gone the minute Rafa came in.  The only other unknown issue is this one year extension, did it come at a lower wage.  If so, what has been reported as anywhere between a basic £60k - £80k a week may have been lowered to £40k - £60k. This then would mean he has a guaranteed wedge of anywhere between £2m - £4m in potential earnings to come.

A negotiated pay off which would mean Colo gets his ambition to go home earlier than expected must surely have been done here unless Mike or Lee has threatened to let the biggest non-secret out the closet and made him forcefully agree to something else. :iamatwat:

Should have gone on to become a club legend, instead will be remembered for being a complete coward. Adios

He'd have been a 'money grabber' if he'd left at the peak of his powers in 2011/12 instead of signing the new deal, so he'd never have been that imo.

He'd have never been what? A club legend? Any football fan can appreciate when players no longer possess the ability they once did, it was the cowardly play on the field (such as getting sent off needlessly all the time), his off field antics (like the stuff with his wife and Ben Arfa)  and him always swanning off to Argentina. I'm pretty sure  nearly all of that came after his best season for us

I hope he doesn't get a single penny pay off out of NUFC. He signed a new contract last Summer. If he wants to leave now and NUFC are happy for him to leave too he can leave on a free. NUFC charge no transfer fee and Colo claims no loyalty payment. That would be fair. Paying him to leave would be a joke.

I agree but maybe Rafa realises that his presence is more damaging than losing out on a couple of quid as in theory, Colo was gone the minute Rafa came in.  The only other unknown issue is this one year extension, did it come at a lower wage.  If so, what has been reported as anywhere between a basic £60k - £80k a week may have been lowered to £40k - £60k. This then would mean he has a guaranteed wedge of anywhere between £2m - £4m in potential earnings to come.

A negotiated pay off which would mean Colo gets his ambition to go home earlier than expected must surely have been done here unless Mike or Lee has threatened to let the biggest non-secret out the closet and made him forcefully agree to something else. :iamatwat:

We'll never know the details of the deal unless NUFC announce they got a fee for Colo from his new club.

He's been desperate to go there for years, hes got some balls if hes asking for any money out of it.  This is how it should go if he is "please let me go" "ok you can go"  "how much you going to pay me to go then" "go and fuck yourself you clown".

I wish that he'd went a few years ago as he'd have left a cult hero but he gets loads of flak now! The club should have seen like we all did that his legs were going!

He remained when we went down and he was voted in the PFA player of the year team  in two different seasons (our only ever defender to feature in the top flight I believe!) and he also won the NEPOTY! His handwriting is also very neat too :-)

All the best, Colo!

It's amazing how often I read this. Where else would he have made 70k a week? Who else wanted him in the summer of '09? No cunt, that's who.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. At his best he was very good but 2 good seasons out of 7 in the PL says it all. Dragged us down for long enough.

All the best, Colo!

It's amazing how often I read this. Where else would he have made 70k a week? Who else wanted him in the summer of '09? No c***, that's who.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. At his best he was very good but 2 good seasons out of 7 in the PL says it all. Dragged us down for long enough.

Yep. He was a disaster in his first season and stayed after relegation due to nobody coming in for him because he looked so bad and also the ridiculous wages he was on. He was a disgrace as a captain and bottled last seasons relegation big style.

I hate what he represented more than anything. He was Pardew's bum boy, which means he was part of the virus which infected the club.

However, he was good for a couple of seasons, I wish him nothing but nothingness.

Giving him the new deal and allowing him to remain as captain was a massive contribution to our relegation.  Good memories 2010 - 2012 but should have been replaced years ago, it's a relief to see him finally gone.