Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Think some are a bit quick to forget the not insignificant amount of time he's been one of our best players.

Shite now though, and been a crap captain. Time to move on.

Don't see why we need to be so black and white about his time here (if you'll excuse the pun).

For me, I'll look back on him with both fondness and regret. Yes, for the last three years or so he's been woeful, not played or acted like a captain at all. But looking further back, he was sensational for us and, at times, on a par with Woodgate as the best centre half here that I've seen in my lifetime. Should really have gone down as a club icon, I won't miss him though because of how little he's offered/cared of late but for a while it was undeniably fun.

Guest chopey

Did he ever get permission to build a little wee house in the grounds of his big house so he could come back for conjugal visits?

Glad hes going to put an end to constant back and forth of him not wanting to be here etc... and the fact hes well passed his best, feel pretty indifferent about him though in truth, I feel like I should be more angry with him for some reason but I'm not.

Stayed with us when we went down and performed fairly well for the first few seasons of being back up, should never have been anywhere near the captaincy though.

It's sad that it's ended this way but the way he's gone on the last few years has soured what could've remained a great relationship with the club and city well past his retirement. Obviously something he, along with most players, no longer give a shit about anyway. Good riddance.

Think some are a bit quick to forget the not insignificant amount of time he's been one of our best players.

s**** now though, and been a crap captain. Time to move on.

That's fair.  Started shit, but didn't hide and kept at it. 

Was great in the champ and again for a season or two after that.

What's annoyed me most, is how he has gone AWOL over the last couple of seasons, he has been as gutless as Owen was as a captain and has flirted with leaving every 5 minutes.  All whilst playing like Boumsong mk II. 

Whilst I won't forget how well he played for a time.  I'm glad he's finally fucking off.

Thanks for 2009-2012. The rest of the years have been a mixture of highs and lows, mainly lows. Will never forget his performance at the SoL in the 1-1 draw, but will also never forget how much of a shit captain he was. Right time to go.

A coward who sided with the regime, never spoke out, went missing for long periods of time, his annual trips back to Argentina during the season due to conveniently timed suspensions and injuries and being instrumental in getting rid of Hatem.

Yes, he was good in  the championship  and the season after but I associate him most with the pardew era, the losing mentality we had seemed to emanate from this guy, which carried on under carver and then mcclaren. The fact he was still here meant, in part at least, that we couldn't get another good centre back in. The way he dropped his head, wasn't vocal and was in some cases downright diabolical when he played would not have encouraged others around him at all.

Newcastle has been ill, and this guy was a tumour that wasn't helping us in getting better. I am glad he is gone.

s**** now though, and been a crap captain. Time to move on.

That's fair.  Started shit, but didn't hide and kept at it. 

Was great in the champ and again for a season or two after that.

What's annoyed me most, is how he has gone AWOL over the last couple of seasons, he has been as gutless as Owen was as a captain and has flirted with leaving every 5 minutes.  All whilst playing like Boumsong mk II. 

Whilst I won't forget how well he played for a time.  I'm glad he's finally fucking off.

These two comments are both fitting epitaphs.

But, yeah, fuck off now, Colo.

It's literally been years since he's given us anything positive for fuck sake  :lol: let alone being part of Relegation Mk I.

Hope he chokes on his steak, the fucking spaghetti-haired megaspenk.