Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

We're ganna ship some f***ing goals in our coming games like

Unreal how depressing this season has gotten and we're f***ing 6th :lol:

Aye luckily it's newly promoted teams, if we haven't got a defence then we need to put out the most stupidly attacking team possible and just try and outscore them. It's time to get FIFA-tastic and just go for it.

This is too much. Can't keep reading all this bad news. Our two centre backs, the main reason we are where we are... cannot describe how gutted I am. The taylor injury is the killer but this is just horrendous news. I am a massive optimist but we're looking at a period until the end of the year and season where we're going to be fielding a horrifying defence. Raylor was appalling on Saturday... I don't know where I'm going with this, if we don't make CB our main priority in the transfer window we're a joke. If all this talk of Kadar not being rated by the NUFC management is true, then why haven't we got other options waiting in the wings?

This is too much. Can't keep reading all this bad news. Our two centre backs, the main reason we are where we are... cannot describe how gutted I am. The taylor injury is the killer but this is just horrendous news. I am a massive optimist but we're looking at a period until the end of the year and season where we're going to be fielding a horrifying defence. Raylor was appalling on Saturday... I don't know where I'm going with this, if we don't make CB our main priority in the transfer window we're a joke. If all this talk of Kadar not being rated by the NUFC management is true, then why haven't we got other options waiting in the wings?

It's horrendous but so predictable. Everybody could see this coming once we went into the season with 2 fit centre backs, one of them massively injury prone.

Colo somehow not being a superhero anymore has just compounded the misery.

He was walking alright so I can't see it being anything too bad.

Yep :thup:

No obvious pain from the looks of it either.

There was obviously enough pain for him to have to leave the pitch...

Well not severe pain.

grade 1 thigh strain (the least severe grading)

What are the symptoms?

A twinge in the thigh is usually felt.

A general feeling of tightness in the thigh.

Mild discomfort on walking.

Probably no swelling.

Trying to straighten the knee against resistance may be uncomfortable (see assessment).

An area of local spasm may be felt at the site of the suspected tear.

What can the athlete do about it?

Apply the R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression, elevation) procedure for the first 24 hours.

Apply cold therapy as soon as possible and every 2-3 hours.

Use a compression bandage until you feel no pain.

Rest for at least 72 hours before commencing light training

If there is no pain, continue with training.

See a sports injury professional.

Is the free transfer window closed?

Got to be somebody out their we could draft in for a month. Sure Swansea signed a Greek international defender who was out of contract.

I'm sure we can sign anyone on a free transfer all year round. No restrictions as such.

(Just guessing here).

Okay, so it's confirmed that he'll miss the trip to Norwich but I reckon he has maybe an outside chance of making the Swansea game at St. James'.

In any case, until we know the full extent of Colo's injury, I won't rule him out for the rest of the year just yet.

To be honest, I would take him missing the entire Christmas and New Year programme if it meant that he wasn't rushed back and risked making it worse for the rest of the year.

Perch, Simpson and Kadar in the middle with Santon and Jonas as wing backs??!!