Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I saw him on his way out of the Metro Centre and by that point he was crawling on the floor, pleading with his wife to go get the car and roll him into it...

Think I must have arrived on the scene just after you. Did you see the ambulance arrive? They were having a hell of a job finding the remaining shards of bone, after the explosion.

Fuck. Lost Ba n all.

Guest Heneage

What do people expect? :lol: When I did my knee in, I could walk fine but as soon as I started running/playing football, it seized right up and I had to stop. It means nowt.

Were you Captain of a Premier League football team who had just lost their other CB for the season and had a game in another 7 days ?

That has literally nothing to do with his post, congratulations.

Nah it does, at the time JH was just a reserve at Leyton Orient so I see Skirge's point.

What do people expect? :lol: When I did my knee in, I could walk fine but as soon as I started running/playing football, it seized right up and I had to stop. It means nowt.

Were you Captain of a Premier League football team who had just lost their other CB for the season and had a game in another 7 days ?

That has literally nothing to do with his post, congratulations.

Nah it does, at the time JH was just a reserve at Leyton Orient so I see Skirge's point.

:lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I've torn two of my right quads (at different times!) and you can walk about perfectly fine, but kicking a football is a 100% no-go. Walking and light jogging were ok, but as said earlier sprinting or the kicking action were totally out of the question for 8 weeks the first time and 12 the second. Knacked like a bastard both times, hearing the twang of my muscle snapping on two occasions was defo negative!

If its a strain it's 100% worth resting him until fully healed as the recuperation time for a tear supersedes the risk of playing him

:D

My point is a bloke like JH injures himself playing football pops to A&E, given painkillers told to stay off it as much as possible and may be given an appointment to see a physio who will give him some exercises to do depending on the injury/extent of injury.

May be given a return appointment in a few weeks time for a check up.

A Premier League footballer gets an injury, they pull out all the stops and yes as with JH will be told to use it but if its serious IE a muscle tear any usage will be done on a daily basis with club physio.

If its in anyway serious I am sure the club would not expect him to be strolling around the metro centre 2 weeks before Christmas.

I think its perfectly reasonable for fans to take some positivity out of the fact he was out shopping and it would therefore be a fair conclusion to think the scan showed no tear.

Not saying he will be back for the Norwich game but I think its safe enough to conclude its not as bad as the scare monger Luke Edwards was trying to make out.

Fact is you can have the same injury but a football club will have their player back on their feet way quicker than the fkn NHS will you.

And my point was in no way comparing my fitness and treatment/recovery to that of a PL footballer!

My point is that just because you can walk on something, doesn't mean you can play football.

And my point was in no way comparing my fitness and treatment/recovery to that of a PL footballer!

My point is that just because you can walk on something, doesn't mean you can play football.

Indeed but no one was saying he will be back for Saturdays match but only that it has to be not as serious as first thought as he was out shopping. If it had been a tear or even a bad strain his arse would be at home.

As phenomenal as Colo' has been, I personally don't think we'll miss him that much over the next two or three games. Dare I say it, but the likes of Perch and Santon will step up to the plate, because that's the type of team we are.

why are you making that point? it's beyond obvious. all that was suggested is walking around shopping is better than not walking around shopping when it comes to the likelihood of the injury being long term.

I'm just glad it's not as serious as i thought it was. 2 weeks i can live with. Now f***ing bring Santon into the XI.

Aye, I can live with two weeks as well. Still think he has an outside chance for the Swansea game though. If not, the West Brom game is probably the game Colo should aim for. You never know, we may even see Williamson and Colo playing together against West Brom.

Colo doesnt miss games he will be fine for Saturday.

I do so hope you may be right. It would be against the odds but he does seem to be an incredible specimen both mentally and physically.

We will miss other key players but no one as badly as Colo who is absolutely irreplacable.

If he was to recover in time I'd have no fear about his partner, Perch,Kadar or anyone else. Colo's very prescence makes the other defenders better players.

Oh aye, if Colo is fit I'm 80% less worried about our defence. Either Perch or Kadar could play with him without critical problems.

Don't want him forced to play if he's not ready though, the season is long and we need him to be fit for as many games as possible.

Colo doesnt miss games he will be fine for Saturday.

I do so hope you may be right. It would be against the odds but he does seem to be an incredible specimen both mentally and physically.

We will miss other key players but no one as badly as Colo who is absolutely irreplacable.

If he was to recover in time I'd have no fear about his partner, Perch,Kadar or anyone else. Colo's very prescence makes the other defenders better players.

He's argentinian. They are idiots, but they never give up and play through pain. Hoped Brazil had inherited a bit of that steel mentality they got going on over there.

Yes the game will be noticeably harder without one of our best players.

Oooo such cutting sarcasm  :lol:

My post was in relation to someone suggesting we wouldn't miss him too much against Norwich and Swansea.  Obvbiously all games are tougher without your best players, pretty simple logic.  I just feel, against Swansea's tricky, pacey players, Perch, Simpson, Kadar or whoever will really struggle.

Feel free to crush me like an egg again if you want  :okay:

thought it was a thigh strain? says he had a scan on his groin yesterday in the journal

About 10 minutes before he came off he came to the bench while we had a throw/corner and lifted the right leg of his shorts and and was desperate for someone to treat the top inside of his thigh which could be classed as his groin. Our bench were as slow as fuck and he was losing it with them for taking so long to spray it with something and was pointing back at the 18 yard line telling them it was as result of a challenge on our 18 yard line with i think Sturridge. He was still keep lifting that leg of shorts and stretching his leg all the time until he was taken off.

Oh aye, if Colo is fit I'm 80% less worried about our defence. Either Perch or Kadar could play with him without critical problems.

Don't want him forced to play if he's not ready though, the season is long and we need him to be fit for as many games as possible.

Agree. I think Kadar could do well with Colo by his side to help him out. Kadar alongside Perch on the other hand... :jones:

thought it was a thigh strain? says he had a scan on his groin yesterday in the journal

About 10 minutes before he came off he came to the bench while we had a throw/corner and lifted the right leg of his shorts and and was desperate for someone to treat the top inside of his thigh which could be classed as his groin. Our bench were as slow as f*** and he was losing it with them for taking so long to spray it with something and was pointing back at the 18 yard line telling them it was as result of a challenge on our 18 yard line with i think Sturridge. He was still keep lifting that leg of shorts and stretching his leg all the time until he was taken off.

I was also surprised how long it took for them to get a bit of spray on him.