Our away support

Guest BooBoo

Guest Roger Kint

Wow, just seen this. f***ing shocking.

Go to more away games than home but guess that fun's over. Club is ran by complete tools.

membership gives you discounted home tickets to cover the cost doesnt it? You wouldnt miss out in that case.

Go to more away games than home but guess that fun's over. Club is ran by complete tools.

membership gives you discounted home tickets to cover the cost doesnt it? You wouldnt miss out in that case.

Wasn't aware of this. Still, can only get to a few these days due to wonga issues, so probably wouldn't actually recoup the membership fee.

For those who can only make 2-3 games a season, this is just going to be a ballache and many won't bother.

Guest Roger Kint

Wasn't aware of this. Still, can only get to a few these days due to wonga issues, so probably wouldn't actually recoup the membership fee.

For those who can only make 2-3 games a season, this is just going to be a ballache and many won't bother.

Last year it was £5 a game off iirc, am sure being £5 out of pocket in order to attend any number of away games isnt going to ruin it for you.

Last year it was £5 a game off iirc, am sure being £5 out of pocket in order to attend any number of away games isnt going to ruin it for you.

It maybe so that it works out as a decent deal for some, but for a lot more it will be a deterrent.

That Kane fella say on matters on the official Newcastle Facebook page:

Not being funny right , I was one of the lads who got arrested and I have no criminal record , I have never been involved in a pitch invasion ever in my life , and you's all have this opinion those who were caught up in the scuffles are violent yobs who deserve to be hung etc , I've had a season ticket for 14 years , been home and away with Newcastle pretty much EVERY weekend , and not once been in trouble. Don't judge someone unless you know someone , things like this happen and you can only face the consequences.

Whats his point?

He's defending himself for being an idiot :facepalm:

For a season ticket holder of 14 years, he should have known better.

Guest Roger Kint

How many games went to General sale last season? Genuine question as i couldnt afford to get to any so didnt look most the time.

Guest Roger Kint

That Kane fella say on matters on the official Newcastle Facebook page:

Not being funny right , I was one of the lads who got arrested and I have no criminal record , I have never been involved in a pitch invasion ever in my life , and you's all have this opinion those who were caught up in the scuffles are violent yobs who deserve to be hung etc , I've had a season ticket for 14 years , been home and away with Newcastle pretty much EVERY weekend , and not once been in trouble. Don't judge someone unless you know someone , things like this happen and you can only face the consequences.

Whats his point?

He's defending himself for being an idiot :facepalm:

For a season ticket holder of 14 years, he should have known better.

He also has the photo of him being arrested uploaded to FB with lots of 'legend' comments......is that his badge of honour?

Guest Antec

Home fans singing section shafted, now the away fans. Who's next?

Actually, add Shearer, Keegan and Hughton to the list. Impressive stuff

Guest jimmyc84

But we can still get friends with season tickets to buy tickets for us right?

This is what I do anyway as I live in London but still have family in Newcastle.  Shame for everyone else though and a bit of a knee-jerk overreaction I think.

A bit radical if you ask me.. I usually try to get to a couple of the London games. That pleasure costs me a small fortune so it's not about the extra £20 or whatever. But why should I be forced into a paid membership? Because a few brainless chavs got a little excited in a friendly game? They only pop up during the friendlies and the Carling Cup but aye.. "The club acted on the night of shame".. how convenient..

Home fans singing section shafted, now the away fans. Who's next?

Probably make the whole of SJP members only next.

"You can't buy a ticket for the 2nd round of the league cup against Cheltenham Town because you arent a member"

Guest Antec

From what I have seen from the videos anyone who was scrapping should be banned for life, no excuse.

Without a doubt

Yea I thought I read that season ticket holders were members this year as well. Will we get the discount vouchers that are on offer? Perhaps they will come with the season tickets.

The whole membership scheme does seem to be pretty unclear, no one is really sure exactly what you get; for example it seems that there are special 'members only' prices for home games - does this mean that there will not be any discount vouchers for home games this year?

Also the official site says that if you refer a friend to the membership scheme you get a free ticket to a home game. I assume that will be a Cat C game, although there are no details. Perhaps then if you can get a friend to refer you (again no details as to how to do this!) then the free ticket might just about negate the cost of the membership itself. If anyone can find out how to do this am happy to refer people and let them have the free ticket.

Yea I thought I read that season ticket holders were members this year as well. Will we get the discount vouchers that are on offer? Perhaps they will come with the season tickets.

The whole membership scheme does seem to be pretty unclear, no one is really sure exactly what you get; for example it seems that there are special 'members only' prices for home games - does this mean that there will not be any discount vouchers for home games this year?

Also the official site says that if you refer a friend to the membership scheme you get a free ticket to a home game. I assume that will be a Cat C game, although there are no details. Perhaps then if you can get a friend to refer you (again no details as to how to do this!) then the free ticket might just about negate the cost of the membership itself. If anyone can find out how to do this am happy to refer people and let them have the free ticket.

Looking forward to getting my NUFC pencilcase, now I'm being forced to sign up.

Guest Roger Kint

Thats what i was thinking as well, as i look like i wont be able to afford a ST this year it will be something like 5-10 home games for me however now away matches need a membership i will probably get one if it actually does pay for itself and i have an option for those games too. Having just looked on .co.uk its not particularly clear other than what you said.