On the up, or doomed to failure?

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newcastle supporters are bi-polar:

Win against Kansas - We are on the up challenging for  Europe

Lose to Leeds - We are in a relegation Battle

Sign Gosling - Bad Move

He does well - Great Move

Sign 4 players in quick succession - challenging for Europe

Dont sign anyone in a while - we are in a relegation battle

Generally win a game - Pardew great manager

Lose a game - Pardew out

This board is getting a bit much now - it only seems to live in the total extremes - nowhere inbetween.

The year we got relegated with our supposed stars - who would have taken a mid table finish then with a club in pretty good shape? Expectations are already that we need to push for Europe? Holy crap that is deluded.

Meh, I'm bored - just for the shits and giggles.

Win against Kansas - We are on the up challenging for  Europe

Lose to Leeds - We are in a relegation Battle

First off, we actually drew 0-0 with Kansas. Nice to check your facts before you slag us off :lol: And secondly, noone has said we're challenging for Europe and as a result of the Leeds game, noone said we are in a relegation battle.

Sign Gosling - Bad Move

He does well - Great Move

People were concerned about the Gosling move as (bar two minutes or so) he missed the entire last season and having broken down a couple of times, we were concerned we'd signed a crock. Having seen him in action over the Summer, staying fit, he's looked like a good prospect.

Sign 4 players in quick succession - challenging for Europe

Dont sign anyone in a while - we are in a relegation battle

When we signed those players early on, it raised expectations yes. Many expected us to go and continue to improve the first team and squad in a similar fashion. Again, nobody said we'd be definitely challenging for Europe and the problem since then hasn't just been not signing players, but also selling off our better players - which is why people will think we'll struggle.

Generally win a game - Pardew great manager

Lose a game - Pardew out

This is just mental. When we win, people praise Pardew. When we lose, he gets criticised. Happens at every other club in the world. We'd be hypocrites not to.

Thanks though :aww:

p.s. Everton have signed 1 player on loan and lost 3 - 4 players

I think this forum would implode if that happened

At least they have a board that has ambition and cares for the club, right. Right? O0

Slight difference is that their fans are aware that the club has no funds available (I presume). Our fans are aware that we have a decent amount of wonga available.

Of course, you know this as well as anyone.

First off - Dont call me an idiot - else it makes sense we meet up for a chat so you can share you views in person.

Secondly - Its my opinion. Yes, im generalising, but its an exageration to prove the point

:lol: apologies, an idiotic post is what i should have said, i'm sure you're lovely.

i fail to see what point you've proved other than that different people have different views?

Everton haven't just received £35 million...

As it stands we're treading water. Nothing so far suggests we're moving up or down.

I stand by my statement a few weeks ago that the more Ameobi plays the worse the window/s have been.

First off - Dont call me an idiot - else it makes sense we meet up for a chat so you can share you views in person.

Secondly - Its my opinion. Yes, im generalising, but its an exageration to prove the point

:lol: apologies, an idiotic post is what i should have said, i'm sure you're lovely.

i fail to see what point you've proved other than that different people have different views?

my point is that - im my opinion - that we live in extreme highs and extreme lows - nothing in between.

I think a solid season of 8th-14th would be a good season. Next year the same.

All the while we are looking for more Cabaye/Tiote/Gosling type deals. All the while improving our squad. Thats a solid plan. Realistic, and sets us up for a good push 2-3 seasons from now.

my point is that - im my opinion - that we live in extreme highs and extreme lows - nothing in between.

All the while we are looking for more Cabaye/Tiote/Gosling type deals. All the while improving our squad. Thats a solid plan. Realistic, and sets us up for a good push 2-3 seasons from now.

Aye, and we can play them alongside Carroll, Nolan, Barton and Enrique....oh wait....

At least they have a board that has ambition and cares for the club, right. Right? O0

Slight difference is that their fans are aware that the club has no funds available (I presume). Our fans are aware that we have a decent amount of wonga available.

Well our fans seems to think we should have a lot of wonga available, but that is based on expecting incoming transfer fees to be spent immediately and the club's wider finances ignored.

Well our fans seems to think we should have a lot of wonga available, but that is based on expecting incoming transfer fees to be spent immediately and the club's wider finances ignored.

Stop painting us out to be close to bankruptcy, searching down the back of the sofa for extra pennies to stick in the electricity meter man.

We've sold the likes of Nolan and Carroll and are selling Enrique/Barton/Routledge in order to free up money, we've sold Carroll for £35m, we averaged like 45k+ through the doors every other week last season, the TV/sponsorship/whatever money from being back in the Premier League, not to mention the £20m that Mike Ashley puts money back into the club every few months.

And so far we've spent next to NOWT on improving the first team, a first team severely lacking in strength in depth and that little bit of quality/spark to ignite us.

I can never believe that we're paying that much out. We haven't spent any real money in nearly 3/4 years. And we've still got nowt? Excuses. Poor, pathetic excuses tbh.

Guest Wally_McFool

Most of us fans think that we should have a bit of "wonga" available for new players, Derek.

I am worried and disillusioned,  Maybe we will outplay the lesser teams we struggled against last season but at present, I see no way that we would come back in games such as the Arsenal 4-4 and I am not sure whether the team will have that steely resolve that they have done in the last 2 seasons.  Could finish top half, could be relegated - no idea until the season starts and we see what kind of squad we have.

Most of us fans think that we should have a bit of "wonga" available for new players, Derek.

You're hilarious.

i see plenty of people making measured predictions about everything. look at the results of the poll in THIS THREAD ffs  :lol:

you cant call a range of views from a range of people hypocritical or knee jerk with any authority at all.