On the up, or doomed to failure?

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we will perhaps have a rocky start as we are losing players who are trying to rock the boat. In the long run we need to ditch these guys as they are bitter that they can't cash in any more and are going to create strife within the camp. We can definitely recover but it depends on how Ashley and co handle the departures.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why does every pre-season, recently, seem to be utter turmoil.  :lol: :facepalm:

Because the players and fans are continually lied to.

Are you telling the truth?  :kasper:

Guest Antec

This club will never be on the up as long as those in charge remain.

Needs to be stamped onto a big sledgehammer and used to cave in the skulls of those stupid arseholes who still refuse to see what's staring them right in the face. Helmets

Doomed.

I once had hope that their system would work, put NUFC on sure financial footing, and then push on from there... but it's failing, and it's not the system at fault, it's the fucking retards implementing it.

I just want to enjoy my football, but they're doing everything in their power to ruin it.

I was really positive about this season, we'd lost Nolan who imo disrupted our style of play so is probably a positive, but Barton cannot be replaced for the money we will spend, the incomings look great but we can't bring in good players and let good players leave, we are probably still a little stronger than how we finished last season, but with Barton and another Striker we'd have been alot stronger.

Becoming obvious to me that we'll tick along in mediocrity until Ashley has gone. It'll be by daft chance if we make it back into Europe; a couple more Tiotes for example... and it'll take a complete mental implosion for us to get relegated, 08/09-style. The way things are being run, you can't see us being anything more than an also-ran for a while yet.

Difficult to predict several years into the future. What's certain is that the men that can make it happen, most certainly don't give a shit whether it does or not... so that's a massive stumbling block before we've already started.

Relegation battle. Losing Barton for me was always on the horizon and would always be a big factor in how we would do over the course of the season.

He'd of only played a bit part anyway.

Yeah, like last season, you know.

Relegation battle. Losing Barton for me was always on the horizon and would always be a big factor in how we would do over the course of the season.

He'd of only played a bit part anyway.

Yeah, like last season, you know.

You honestly think he's of started ahead of the new lads? Especially given we already knew he was on the way out.

Guest Antec

Why does every pre-season, recently, seem to be utter turmoil.  :lol: :facepalm:

Simple answer, only two words - LOOSE CANNON

Guest BooBoo

I've been on this forum for many years now and I would hope that generally speaking I'm pretty rational in all things NUFC. With the odd exception, I'm neither a doomie or an eternal optimistic, choosing to take each turn of events as it comes. So, I don't say this lightly and nor do I say it, in simple reaction to today's events but I am certain that we're looking at a relegation. In fact I'd say we'll finish rock bottom.

There is something deeply and horribly wrong within the dressing room and it all stems from Ashley's evident overwhelming desire to sell the club. High earners moved on and promise cashed in on. Yes we've bought in replacements but is Ben Arfa or Marveaux going to grab a game by the balls like Barton did v Arsenal when we were in the shit? Is Ba going to run through brick walls like Andy Carroll did? Is Cabaye (who seems a fine footballer) going to grab numerous scruffy arse goals like Nolan did? I doubt it. Those that stay are in desperate need of a strong leader. Amongst the playing staff there's a total absence of leaders, Coloccini is a top defender but not a leader of men. Steven Taylor is arguably the most natural in donning the armband but he's not even guaranteed a start. Its quite a rag tag bunch of lads who cant speaky the English, are realtively untested in the English game or simply not good enough. In all, it makes me wonder whether it would be worth hanging on to Alan Smith- a horrible footballer but at least a senior voice in the dressing room now shorn of Carroll, Barton and Nolan.

In the dugout, the manager in all this is almost an irrelevance. Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear, Hughton or Pardew, none of them stand a chance really with the rug continually pulled from beneath their feet. Nope, Ashley has seemingly now hellbent on running costs down, hoping that some snooping Qatari might fancy a piece. In the meantime, outgoings will be avoided if at all possible- I very much doubt we'll see any further incoming transfers this window and once Routledge and Enrique go it will represent a fine profit for the summer window with the Carroll money untouched and all set to vanish.

The start of the season looks pretty grim, at home to Arsenal and then the derby, both of which I think we'll lose. History shows that if you start poorly it can be a long road back. Yes there'll be sides with poorer squads but the hearts being crushed out of the dressing room and as 08/09 showed, once that goes it doesnt matter about quality.

The club will continue to rot as long as Ashley is here. As a side note I  wonder whether the Llambias abuse at Darlington was the last straw for Ashley? Its clear that he's long since given up on the club and we can just hope the day he finally pisses off will not be too long coming.

This shit about leaders, about having balls football is about talent, its about being able to win matches. I'd rather have 11 Messi's than 11 Nolan's. I think we as a club aren't on the up or down, we'll be here for the next years in the middle of the table. Hefty investment is needed to make us a top team again, but if we want to go down again we'll have to make loads of changes.

Krul, Harper, Simpson, Saylor, Willy, Colo, Enrique, Tiote, Gosling, Cabaye, Marveaux, HBA, Jonas, Ba, and possibly Best and half Ameobi is more than enough to keep us up. The season we went down, people will say we had talented players, but that's different, we had Owen who was on his decline, Butt, Smith and so on. Martins has never been talented and was also around 35 ;).

I think its a mistake by letting Joey go, but not because I consider him being a leader, as an ex-convict surely can't be an example but because he's a talented footballer. However, he should've just got on with it and kept his mouth shut.

We'll stay up, finish around 12-13th. Ashley will keep on doing his making money until he can sell the club.

I've been on this forum for many years now and I would hope that generally speaking I'm pretty rational in all things NUFC. With the odd exception, I'm neither a doomie or an eternal optimistic, choosing to take each turn of events as it comes. So, I don't say this lightly and nor do I say it, in simple reaction to today's events but I am certain that we're looking at a relegation. In fact I'd say we'll finish rock bottom.

There is something deeply and horribly wrong within the dressing room and it all stems from Ashley's evident overwhelming desire to sell the club. High earners moved on and promise cashed in on. Yes we've bought in replacements but is Ben Arfa or Marveaux going to grab a game by the balls like Barton did v Arsenal when we were in the shit? Is Ba going to run through brick walls like Andy Carroll did? Is Cabaye (who seems a fine footballer) going to grab numerous scruffy arse goals like Nolan did? I doubt it. Those that stay are in desperate need of a strong leader. Amongst the playing staff there's a total absence of leaders, Coloccini is a top defender but not a leader of men. Steven Taylor is arguably the most natural in donning the armband but he's not even guaranteed a start. Its quite a rag tag bunch of lads who cant speaky the English, are realtively untested in the English game or simply not good enough. In all, it makes me wonder whether it would be worth hanging on to Alan Smith- a horrible footballer but at least a senior voice in the dressing room now shorn of Carroll, Barton and Nolan.

In the dugout, the manager in all this is almost an irrelevance. Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear, Hughton or Pardew, none of them stand a chance really with the rug continually pulled from beneath their feet. Nope, Ashley has seemingly now hellbent on running costs down, hoping that some snooping Qatari might fancy a piece. In the meantime, outgoings will be avoided if at all possible- I very much doubt we'll see any further incoming transfers this window and once Routledge and Enrique go it will represent a fine profit for the summer window with the Carroll money untouched and all set to vanish.

The start of the season looks pretty grim, at home to Arsenal and then the derby, both of which I think we'll lose. History shows that if you start poorly it can be a long road back. Yes there'll be sides with poorer squads but the hearts being crushed out of the dressing room and as 08/09 showed, once that goes it doesnt matter about quality.

The club will continue to rot as long as Ashley is here. As a side note I  wonder whether the Llambias abuse at Darlington was the last straw for Ashley? Its clear that he's long since given up on the club and we can just hope the day he finally pisses off will not be too long coming.

Have to agree with this. Very good post indeed.

The whole club is toxic at the minute and, if anything, it looks like things are going to get worse. I'm petrified about what is round the corner.

:sadnod:

My mackem mate mentioned "Second Season Syndrome" about a couple of weeks back. Looks like it's going to happen......