On the up, or doomed to failure?

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There seems to be a bit of a battle atm going on between the 'doom mongers' and the 'eternal optimists'.

There also seems to be a bit of a misconception that those saying we'll struggle are exaggerating or knee-jerking, whilst those saying we have a good chance of building on last year are 'Ashley excusers' or have their heads in the sky.

So, at this moment in time, how do you think we'll fare this season?

I think we'll be better than last year, but could easily end up mid-table again. Think we'll be in the 8-12 range as things stand. Would need some good fortune to push for Europe and some horrendously bad luck with injuries to be in any sort of danger.

As things stand I reckon somewhere from 10th to 14th, as long as we don't get unlucky with injuries.

We're very light though, few bad injuries to the wrong people and things could turn a bit sour.

Couple more decent signings and decent luck with injuries though and we could finish top half.

Win some games, lose some games, won't go down, fingers crossed we'll build on last yeat and break into the top half.

Mainly I hope the types of players and kids we've brought in make us look forward to games, and be excited by the team whoever we're playing.

I think with Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Harris, Furguson, Abied and Marveaux, will will.

Newcastle supporters are bi-polar:

Win against Kansas - We are on the up challenging for  Europe

Lose to Leeds - We are in a relegation Battle

Sign Gosling - Bad Move

He does well - Great Move

Sign 4 players in quick succession - challenging for Europe

Dont sign anyone in a while - we are in a relegation battle

Generally win a game - Pardew great manager

Lose a game - Pardew out

This board is getting a bit much now - it only seems to live in the total extremes - nowhere inbetween.

The year we got relegated with our supposed stars - who would have taken a mid table finish then with a club in pretty good shape? Expectations are already that we need to push for Europe? Holy crap that is deluded.

Sign Gosling - Bad Move

Lose a game - Pardew out

This board is getting a bit much now - it only seems to live in the total extremes - nowhere inbetween.

The year we got relegated with our supposed stars - who would have taken a mid table finish then with a club in pretty good shape? Expectations are already that we need to push for Europe? Holy crap that is deluded.

They are all completely wrong :lol:

Guest Craig-NUFC

I'd say 9th-14th, and tbh, I'd be quite content with that. It's our second season back in the top flight and if Pardew is to be believed (I know, I know), then it's the first year of a two year objective to improve the first team. I think people have forgotten the fact that it's our second year back in the Prem and that outside the top 5 and bottom 5, everyone is fairly even in terms of quality/money spent/crap owners/squad depth. Just think a fair few people need to have a reality check and realise that we're not a top 6 club and probably won't be for a fair few years, just like all the teams in the same situation as us.

Sign Gosling - Bad Move

Lose a game - Pardew out

ahhh, the old 'attribute a multitude of views to a collective group as if it only has one mind and then question the hypocrisy' post.

idiot

7th-15th is the only real answer. It would take an extraordinary turn of events to push us beyond the mediocrity window either way.

The future of nufc is not "bright" or "doomed", it's mostly just "meh"

Better players but less of a team, perhaps. Can see us standing still this season, which isn't necessarily terrible.

Don't wish to be a doom-mongering heedthaball but this is far from being gospel imo.

Our 3 signings are as yet unproven the PL. Pretty certain Cabaye will be fine and Ba should do a job, but have absolutely no idea how Marveaux will fare.

As it stands we are going into the season in essentially the same position as last year; decent starting XI but fuck all else.

First off - Dont call me an idiot - else it makes sense we meet up for a chat so you can share you views in person.

Secondly - Its my opinion. Yes, im generalising, but its an exageration to prove the point