Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Pardew saying that Obertan will give us more pace, specifically away from from home. The deal is 'almost done'.

Did he happen to mention if we are signing a forward from him to provide?

Nothing on that whatsoever. Also said that he would be sitting down with Barton this week and as it stands, Enrique is staying at the moment (I assume no bids as yet)

He strikes me as a player who'd do better at home.

On what ground? His mental state is fragile as fuck, bet he will open as he did for manu. If you have not seen that debut you should go have a look for what we'll be seeing.

Could Obertan be the only signing in an advanced position, then? Wonder if the emergence of Vuckic and the planned role for Ben Arfa off the striker means we might go with Ba, Ameobi and Best as the three actual/main striking options.

Could Obertan be the only signing in an advanced position, then? Wonder if the emergence of Vuckic and the planned role for Ben Arfa off the striker means we might go with Ba, Ameobi and Best as the three actual/main striking options.

:anguish:

You're loving that :anguish: aren't ya? :D

I'm torn on it, I really am, but I'm struggling to see where all these pieces fit together anyway, without another striker coming in. Of course I wouldn't complain if we did pull a good one out from somewhere.