Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Guest bimpy474

Watching Swansea/Arsenal.  Still can't believe we binned Routeledge. Granted we needed a little better but twice the player Obertan is.

I was wondering with this one, i can kind of see what Pardew was thinking with Routledge (he's a much better player now imo than he was when at us). But the Obertan signing is baffling as his replacement. I can only think he thought Obertan would be better because Ferguson bought him, and he was at Man Utd learning for a couple of years. I dunno really because Obertan is total shite like.

Watching Swansea/Arsenal.  Still can't believe we binned Routeledge. Granted we needed a little better but twice the player Obertan is.

I was wondering with this one, i can kind of see what Pardew was thinking with Routledge (he's a much better player now imo than he was when at us). But the Obertan signing is baffling as his replacement. I can only think he thought Obertan would be better because Ferguson bought him, and he was at Man Utd learning for a couple of years. I dunno really because Obertan is total shite like.

I'm pretty sure Pardew fell out big style with Routledge.

Obertan is nothing but a shit stain on the kegs of NUFC.

Obertan is more skilled than Routledge but has zero confidence or brain to use his skills. Routledge actually uses his brain for picking out passes and when in possession. He is also much more direct than Ober too, reminds of a more direct but less skilled version of Marveaux. Ironically if the latter was as direct he could easily be staking a claim for a starting position.

I think that's about the gist of it really. I'd hate to think he watched him extensively then still bought him, because what would that say about his judgement of a player?

I think that's about the gist of it really. I'd hate to think he watched him extensively then still bought him, because what would that say about his judgement of a player?

Obertan wasn't bad in his cameos for Man Utd, though. He was full of tricks and scored a few goals. I actually thought his finishing was good as he scored a couple goals for them in pre season and for the Junior French team.

He needs to be sold now. Two very poor seasons 

Obertan wasn't bad in his cameos for Man Utd, though. He was full of tricks and scored a few goals. I actually thought his finishing was good as he scored a couple goals for them in pre season and for the Junior French team.

He needs to be sold now. Two very poor seasons 

He scored one goal for them.  Against Bursaspor of Turkey.

Guest bimpy474

I remember Obertan scoring a very good hat trick in a reserve game against us for Man Utd. Dunno if that was when Pardew was manager and he maybe saw it. Whether he did or not, if he watched Obertan for just a couple of games he would have seen how crap he actually is. Then again he refused to drop Jonas despite how bad he was playing.

Part of life i guess, some people see things differently to others, and plenty of other football managers see players in a strange way. Jose with Mata, Moyes with Kagawa as examples.

• 1 month later...

Don't know how he made it as a professional footballer.

:thup:

So incredibly bad. Although at least he didn't give the ball away in the build-up to the goal, unlike every other time he touched it...

His counter attack just summed him up. Got the pace to keep running at goal. Some how allows the ball behind him and slows the counter attack to a halt and loses the ball.