Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Created absolutely nothing against a conference type side. Oooooh he's fast.

Still s***.

He beat his man numerous times, won a load of corners, nearly scored himself, whipped at least 4 or 5 balls into the six yard box. FFS man, some people.

Agreed - only a very good save stopped him scoring and he put in 2 very good crosses in the first couple of minutes of the game.

I'm always among the first to slate him so well played to the lad, thought he was excellent tonight.  I'd love to see him take some real confidence from that and kick on in the league but I'm not going to hold my breath tbh.

We've seen it before from him against turbogash left-backs. There's no denying he looked our biggest threat on the night, just hope he takes this confidence into future matches. Can't see it though.

Guest optimistic nit

Latest highlights from tonight's game just in....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lulcm9BWIJ1r5jtugo1_500.gif

:lol: :lol:

The only disappointment is he didn't actually make his dominance count with either a goal or an assist. Shame he didn't have much to show for it after a lively performance.

Yep, I was desperate for him to slot that final one in the near post, but I guess he did the right thing to hit it across goal.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Latest highlights from tonight's game just in....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lulcm9BWIJ1r5jtugo1_500.gif

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant ;D

that run onto a demba ball + diagonal shot across goal was really nice

Not to deny Obertan any credit, but that little move was all about Ba. Perfect little through ball from him. Thought both linked up well together.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

think the commentary said there was a possibilty he was on his travels as of tomorrow evening

Was this a reference to a possible move to Swansea?

Put in a lot of effort but fkn hell at times his crosses were like rockets no one had a chance, if he only knew how best to use his pace and could make the right footballing decision he would be lethal.

Showed why his pace can be a real asset. Almost as if he knew from the first minute that he had the beating of his defender and grew in confidence. Needs to start every game with that mindset. No more of this timid slow it down drop the shoulder bollocks, just get it out your feet and take him on we know you can do it.

But after that learn to cross. :D