Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

I'm sure there was a video of Obertan absolutely mauling our reserves a few years back. I guess that says a lot about our reserves at the time. Or I made it all up.

Didn't Gouffran have no goals and no assists in 2014 or something like that :lol:

Whereas Obertan's stats are most impressive. Has scored 3 goals for us in all competitions.

Look they are both shit but if Obertan played 35 games in 2014 I'm fairly sure he would have got at least one goal or assist. Gouffran hasn't been a goal here and there player for fucking ages and it's frankly ridiculous to say he is

Didn't Gouffran have no goals and no assists in 2014 or something like that :lol:

Whereas Obertan's stats are most impressive. Has scored 3 goals for us in all competitions.

Look they are both s*** but if Obertan played 35 games in 2014 I'm fairly sure he would have got at least one goal or assist. Gouffran hasn't been a goal here and there player for f***ing ages and it's frankly ridiculous to say he is

Eh, Gouffran played 35 games last season and scored 6 goals. You're right, Obertan probably would have scored maybe one goal.

Look they are both s*** but if Obertan played 35 games in 2014 I'm fairly sure he would have got at least one goal or assist. Gouffran hasn't been a goal here and there player for f***ing ages and it's frankly ridiculous to say he is

Eh, Gouffran played 35 games last season and scored 6 goals. You're right, Obertan probably would have scored maybe one goal.

That's why I said 2014 not last season

It's even more ridiculous we're discussing Gouffran as a winger. Doesn't have a single quality needed for a winger. I'd rather have a natural winger there in Obertan even though he's absolute garbage.

I thought Obertan had a good game on Saturday. Him, Sammy and Sissoko gave us some pace and width.

Same old problem though, he has the head of a fucking orange.

He gets himself into decent positions and panics. Oh and Obertan over Goufrran.

:lol: I think he's trying to prove that Obertan is a better goal scorer than Gouffran. There is nothing that will back that up.

No I'm not. The reason you gave for Gouffran playing is that he scores goals here and there. This is complete bullshit as anybody who has watched us for the last 18 months will know

:lol: I think he's trying to prove that Obertan is a better goal scorer than Gouffran. There is nothing that will back that up.

No I'm not. The reason you gave for Gouffran playing is that he scores goals here and there. This is complete bullshit as anybody who has watched us for the last 18 months will know

I don't want Gouffran anywhere near the starting XI, just want to make that clear. But in direct comparison with Obertan, Gouffran has been able to contribute with goals, not many but a handful a season throughout his career, granted he's on the wane. Obertan contributes f*** all.

This season Gouffran has 2 goals and 1 assist from 20 starts and 4 sub appearances. 1 of those goals he knew absolutely nothing about.

Obertan has 1 goal and 1 assist from 4 starts and 5 sub appearances

Sad as it sounds Obertan is currently the better option.

I don't want Gouffran anywhere near the starting XI, just want to make that clear. But in direct comparison with Obertan, Gouffran has been able to contribute with goals, not many but a handful a season throughout his career, granted he's on the wane. Obertan contributes f*** all.

In direct comparison, Obertan has contributed more this season in a lot less games. Neither should be starting ideally but Obertan should start ahead of Gouffran every time

Like comparing brown dog s*** and white do s***.

Whichever it is, you wouldn't want to step in it.

Let alone looking at it expecting it to play football every week ffs.

I predict he will play well tomorrow playing his former club and all. I also think he will play out of his skin as the season comes to an end as he desperately wants to leave. Probably end up being one of our better players.