Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

He's the sublime and the ridiculous. He creates chances and wastes chances. He causes problems for the opposition. They may know he's a headless chicken but they still have to chase him in case he does something good. I thought he was a good out ball today. He carried the ball forward. He screwed up a good chance but he usually does. I'd have him in the team, especially when Aarons and Cabella are injured.

He's never done anything sublime in his life.

At least Obertan tries to attack, Gouffran doesn't try to attack or defend

It's strange then that Gouffran has a much better goals per game record (better than 1 in 7) than Obertan (1 in 21).

At least Obertan tries to attack, Gouffran doesn't try to attack or defend

It's strange then that Gouffran has a much better goals per game record (better than 1 in 7) than Obertan (1 in 21).

What is Gouffran's scoring record in the last 18 months if you leave out goals that hit off him and go in. Also Gouffran has started way more games

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think I've ever encountered a more spineless footballer than Obertan like. You'd bet him to miss every single time he's one on one. Absolutely worthless as a footballer.

I hope his decision making is as bad in other forms of life as it is in Football. As in him sitting at T junctions confused and crying, or just wandering round the supermarket with a trolley that goes round in circles.

It's f***ing depressing how we all knew this guy wasn't good enough when he signed, he went on to quickly prove us right then 3 and a half years later he's still here.

Hope his contract is running out. Can't wait to see the back of him.